View Full Version : 0x800CC0F - the connection to the server was interrupted

20-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Hi all,

I've got a client who's having issues with his Outlook mail.

Office 2007, Win7 x64, Security Essentials running along with SUPER Anti-Spyware and Malwarebytes.

We've run the WinsockXP Fix just in case and he's still getting this error on send.

Receiving works fine.

Email is a domain hosted through Telecom using their Officemail servers.
It works fine on his laptop, so we know the settings are all correct, nothings changed since yesterday afternoon when it was working.

Any ideas on how to resolve the 0x800CC0F error?

We've even fully deleted then re-added the mail account with no joy :-/



20-05-2010, 01:30 PM
You sure you got all the C's in there ??

Try this fix, number 3 (http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-mail/695697.htm) Its for Vista, but the same error message with 1 more C

20-05-2010, 01:43 PM
What is the full error message?

20-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I'll get a screenshot sent through. I tried that when on the phone prior to posting, my Googl'ing came up with that same link wainuitech.

Interesting thing is this has just started happening for him as of yesterday afternoon, and I just got a call from another client who's got a similar issue, but he doesn't use Telecom. Started happening yesterday afternoon, except his gives no error, it says "success", but the message never sends from Outlook, it just stays in the outbox.

Odd indeed ...

20-05-2010, 05:25 PM
The message that is trying to be sent, is it a test message or one from an address book/ Reply/Forwarded etc.

Seen it happen a few times that "something" is not right with the address. try sending a test email to yourself - delete the one in the outbox first.

20-05-2010, 05:54 PM
try turning off security stuff just to check.

I get the feeling ti's being dropped by a firewall....

20-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Yeah done that this morning, deleted everything, closed outlook, opened it, sent me a test message to my gmail, sent a test to my orcon mail, nothing :(

Tried turning off firewall & anti-virus. No joy :-/

Any other ideas? :D

20-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Tried reinstalling outlook?

20-05-2010, 07:04 PM
I would try setting up the email account in another email program like thunderbird and see if it works.
That will tell you if it's Outlook or something else.

20-05-2010, 08:31 PM
That's actually a good idea ... both of them :)

20-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Is the laptop using the same version of Outlook
When you say you turned the AV off do you mean you turned the mail scanning off.
What is the firewall, sometimes turning it off does not help and only an uninstall will fix the problem.

What sort of internet connection is it and what make of modem.

20-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Only firewall is windows firewall.
A/V fully turned off, not just the "mail" component, it's MSSE :)

ADSL on a Thomson TG585v7 modem. Not the greatest at all, but it does him for now ...

21-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Well you don't have too many options left Chill.
1 Outlook itself has a problem possibly.
2 I would have another look at what you have got setup in Accounts/More settings under Outgoing server and Advanced tabs. Are you using SSL and port 465 for SMTP server
3 Try setting the modem Max MTU to 1492

21-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Going to get them to try another mail client and see ... thanks for the advice so far guys, will keep you posted :)

21-05-2010, 12:09 PM
OK long story short, both clients are with Telecom. When changing the SMTP port to 587, everything works .... Odd indeed!