PDA

View Full Version : Windows Remote Assistance

kenbola
19-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Using Windows Remote Assistance, I have successfully connected to my friend's XP computer and can see the screen on my W7 machine. Windows help tells me she can give me permission to control her desktop with my mouse and keyboard, it does not say how this permission is granted. Can anyone help?

Speedy Gonzales
19-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Get teamviewer. Its easier. Install it on both. Get her to give you the ID and password. Type them on yours. Then you'll get in

wainuitech
19-05-2010, 12:54 PM
X 2 for team viewer - she can see what you are doing then - as her screen will go black.

BUT in the remote on XP, did she right click my Computer/properties Remote Tab, tick both boxes and add you in to allow remote in both the advanced and users.

kenbola
19-05-2010, 09:53 PM
You're probably right, Speedy, I will try teamviewer. My problem, as a member of SeniorNet (we are volunteers who teach basic computer skills), is the need to deal with older people with various OS without the need to ask them to download and install software. It has to be simple and already installed.

Thanks Wainuitech, will be checking settings on remote XP

At 78 years of age it is gratifying to be described as a 'Junior Member'

wainuitech
19-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Team Viewer is actually very easy to run.

If you get the quick support from the download page ( this is for the person RECEIVING help) all they do is double click the exe, select run, they give the self generated user name and password (say over the phone) to the person whos helping (they have the full version)The helper enters the number in to their version and away you go.