PDA

View Full Version : Customising Windows 7

Nomad
17-05-2010, 11:50 PM
When you are in Exlorerer. On the top - the drop down box. Is it possible to show a tree branch?

Next, on the start menu. When you click all programs. Is it possible to expand it out like XP? Instead of scrolling down and up.

Possible to have an icon on the taskbar for "show desktop" ? Also possible to have quick launch buttons and auto hide them?

I've made the taskbar icons smaller. Possible to make the desktop icons smaller too?

Cheers.

Nomad
18-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Networking can be weird. I got a win2k setup. If you hit, right click - share with -> nobody or home group (2x) or specific people. Choose specific people. Add "everyone" into the list.

That doesn't work.
You need to go properties and advanced sharing - permissions and add everyone and give it full or read only access. Maybe add share also works if you right click and go properties - dunno, not tried.

Weird. Maybe the first one pertains only to W7s.....

bob_doe_nz
18-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Possible to have an icon on the taskbar for "show desktop" ? Also possible to have quick launch buttons and auto hide them?
Show/Hide desktop is the far bottom right button thing.

Right click taskbar / Toolbars / New Toolbar / In the address bar, paste the following...

%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Make sure you tap Enter to make it change to the Quick Launch folder

Click 'Select Folder'

You need to unlock the taskbar to move things around.

I've made the taskbar icons smaller. Possible to make the desktop icons smaller too?

Right click Desktop / View / Small Icons

Nomad
18-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Cheers for that.

Show desktop - in the corner lol.
Small desktop icons - :) I went via personalise.

Will have a look at the quick lauch thing.

Phil B
18-05-2010, 04:15 PM
If you want the show desktop like it used to have in windows xp, have a look here. (http://www.askvg.com/how-to-get-the-good-old-show-desktop-feature-back-in-windows-7/)
Much better than going to the wrong side of the screen

bob_doe_nz
18-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Quick Launch works

wainuitech
18-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Even a faster way to show desktop - Faster than any mouse click-- Windows Key +D Instantly minimizes any open windows and shows desktop.