Mobo: Asus P67
Processor: Intel i7 930
Memory: Corsair core i7 Dominator 6 GB PC 12800 DDR3,1600 MHz
PS Power Master Pro M850-Watt ATX power supply
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 260
HDD: Hitachi 1GB
Case: Cooler Master 932 HAF
CPU cooler: Corsair CPU liquid cooler

Finished putting together my 4th computer and will not start. First time I had this problem. The lights come on the mobo, but that is it. No fans, hard drive or else running. I put spacers between mobo and case. Instructions call for and IDE plug, but case came with HDD plug only. Please help.

Speedy Gonzales
17-05-2010, 06:39 PM
IDE plug = IDE cable you mean??

One thing it maybe is, the CPU you've installed, the mobo / BIOS doesnt support it. The BIOS will have to be updated first. If this is the case, you'll have to take it back to the shop and ask them if they can put a lower spec CPU in then flash it. Then put yours back in. It looks like you need BIOS 0904 for that CPU, according to the ASUS site (if this is it)

Core i7 930(2.8G,L2:8M, rev.D0,130W) ALL 0904

Jovico
17-05-2010, 07:10 PM
The CPU is an Intel i7 932 processor BX80601930 - 2.80 GHz, 8Mb L3 Cache 1366. I got the Asus with this CPU as a bundle from TigerDirect.

wainuitech
17-05-2010, 07:21 PM
That doesn't mean a lot,many places simply bundle components together. The board may have an older BIOS which wont allow it to boot.

From the ASUS site BIOS numbers (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/BIOS.jpg) - if you look there are different BIOS numbers for different CPU's - the Newer the CPU the newer the Number for the BIOS.

PS: Welcome to PF1 :)

Edited: "No fans, hard drive or else running" -- that can also be a faulty Board - as the fans normally come on even if it wont boot, esp the CPU and case fans.

Speedy Gonzales
17-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Well if you think you've set things up properly, you'll have to find out what version of the BIOS is on it. The BIOS thats on it, may not support the CPU you've installed. Which is why it wont turn on

Sweep
17-05-2010, 07:38 PM
The CPU is an Intel i7 932 processor BX80601930 - 2.80 GHz, 8Mb L3 Cache 1366. I got the Asus with this CPU as a bundle from TigerDirect.

I take it you connected the graphic card to the PSU as well?

GameJunkie
17-05-2010, 07:49 PM
i dont understand the point of the poll....

Speedy Gonzales
17-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Probably a typo. Since theres nothing to vote on

wainuitech
17-05-2010, 07:54 PM
i dont understand the point of the poll.... Pick the best title maybe :D

Jovico
18-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Yes I did plug the graphics card to the PSU, but I still like to know why my case comes with an HDD wire and not an IDE wire. I will contact Asus about the board not functioning. I will keep you posted.

Jovico
18-05-2010, 07:34 AM
I cleared the CMOS and started. Now on to the next phase. Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
18-05-2010, 08:24 AM
I still like to know why my case comes with an HDD wire and not an IDE wire. I will contact Asus about the board not functioning. I will keep you posted.

Whats a HDD / IDE wire?? Do you mean a SATA / IDE power connection on the PSU?? Or a IDE cable? If you mean IDE cable, most cases dont come with IDE cables. These come with the mobo (or should)

ryanjames.powell
18-05-2010, 08:32 AM
OK, I have this same motherboard and I had the same problem. Did you put the RAM into the ORANGE slots? There's some fine print somewhere in the manual that says you have to fill the orange ones first or it won't work. And it's not exactly self explanatory, because usually I fill the RAM from the closest slot to the CPU, ie the black slots.

EDIT: Never mind, I have read the other posts properly now and see you have fixed the problem.

wainuitech
18-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Whats a HDD / IDE wire?? Just had a look at a review Speedy, all I can see is These here (http://img.neoseeker.com/v_image.php?articleid=2204&image=23) Possibly Jovico means highligted below

The case comes with an instruction booklet, a paper diagram of the offsets to setup your motherboard up a little easier as the mother board tray is not removable. It also comes with a bunch of other parts and accessories like castors, tie straps, screws an eight pin mother board power extension cable and a 3.5 inch bezel insert.

Jovico
18-05-2010, 01:03 PM
I cleared the CMOS memory and started OK. The problem now is that the machine is so slow that the OS takes forever to install. I give up every time and switched the three memory DIMS around with no luck. Plenty of ventilation. Any ideas?

Jovico
18-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks Wainuitech, The cable is on the case is named HD Led and the mobo manual calls for an IDE led cable.The cables that are not shown in the pictures are for the on/off switch, restart, sound head set, mic, USB, eSata, etc. for the front panel of the case.

ryanjames.powell
18-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks Wainuitech, The cable is on the case is named HD Led and the mobo manual calls for an IDE led cable.The cables that are not shown in the pictures are for the on/off switch, restart, sound head set, mic, USB, eSata, etc. for the front panel of the case.

HD LED/IDE LED are the same thing. When you say that Windows is slow to install, do you mean that it takes ages and ages after clicking install? Because that seems to be a fairly common problem. Just wait for it and the rest of the install should go fine.

ryanjames.powell
18-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Also, try disabling the JMicron SATA controller, as I seem to remember it causing problems with Windows setup...