PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Web hosting - does it support SimpleXML? the php extension

Morgenmuffel
16-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi all

Need to know, and as its Sunday, i am guessing i will get a quicker response here.

Thanks In advance

stu161204
16-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Make a php file with this in it:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

And call it phpinfo.php & upload it to the directory where the rest of your website files are in & then go to that file in your browser & you should be able to find out from that file if they are running SimpleXML.

Hope this helps :)

Morgenmuffel
16-05-2010, 06:38 PM
If I had access thats what i would do However I don't use kiwi web hosting, I just need to know for potential customer

robbyp
16-05-2010, 07:18 PM
If I had access thats what i would do However I don't use kiwi web hosting, I just need to know for potential customer

Any particular reason to use that host? The host I am with has that enabled, as below, PM me and I will give you the link if you are interested.

SimpleXMLSimplexml support enabled
Revision $Revision: 1.151.2.22.2.39 $
Schema support enabled

Morgenmuffel
16-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Thats the one they are with and they are happy with it, and as they are a potential client, whos knowledge is limited i can't ask them to check it. my assumption is that it will be supported, but who knows

Sweep
16-05-2010, 07:47 PM
It would help if you had a link to the site. There are many that purport to be Kiwi Web Host. If you mean this mob:-
http://kiwiwebhost.co.nz/webhosting.htm

Then yes they do.

robbyp
16-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Thats the one they are with and they are happy with it, and as they are a potential client, whos knowledge is limited i can't ask them to check it. my assumption is that it will be supported, but who knows

Personally that is why as a web designer I will always arrange the hosting of my clients websites, as it is more important that the hosting is compatible with the website software I use, and I am happy with the quality of it.

robbyp
16-05-2010, 11:42 PM
It would help if you had a link to the site. There are many that purport to be Kiwi Web Host. If you mean this mob:-
http://kiwiwebhost.co.nz/webhosting.htm

Then yes they do.

There are a number of web hosts that go by something similar to that name . Isn't that one now owned by Orcon, as Orcon took over iserve?

Sweep
16-05-2010, 11:45 PM
There are a number of web hosts that go by something similar to that name . Isn't that one now owned by Orcon, as Orcon took over iserve?

I believe so but I want to know which one the OP intends to use of all the similar blurb like ones. :stare:

robbyp
16-05-2010, 11:49 PM
I believe so but I want to know which one the OP intends to use of all the similar blurb like ones. :stare:

I think it is most likely that one, as many people in the past have signed up to that $1 per week plan, as people will usually go for the cheapest hosting option. The other main one that goes by that name uses windows severs.

Morgenmuffel
17-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Yeah all i was told was its called kiwi something and he thinks its about $50 a year or about $1 a week, and it is a cheapie that lots of people seem to have signed up for so I am assuming that for the time being

robbyp
17-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah all i was told was its called kiwi something and he thinks its about $50 a year or about $1 a week, and it is a cheapie that lots of people seem to have signed up for so I am assuming that for the time being

Yeah sounds like it. It only gives you 10MB of diskspace for everything, including emails, so I hope they are only wanting a small website.

Sweep
17-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah sounds like it. It only gives you 10MB of diskspace for everything, including emails, so I hope they are only wanting a small website.

They do offer four different plans though.

robbyp
17-05-2010, 05:40 PM
They do offer four different plans though.
Yes but the price jumps up significantly from that $1 per week, and you can get cheaper hosting with a lot more diskspace and traffic elsewhere, if you needed more resources.

Sweep
17-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Yes but the price jumps up significantly from that $1 per week, and you can get cheaper hosting with a lot more diskspace and traffic elsewhere, if you needed more resources.

But the OP may not have a choice of hosting company.