PDA

View Full Version : Problem with HM Revenue & Customs program

JOEJG
16-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Hi,

This is about a problem to do with my connection, my virus checker, and HM Revenue & Customs.

On another computer my Dad was trying to sort out and install HM Revenue & Customs Employer Budget Pack 2010 online. Well, he did. Though after having it installed, once attempting to reboot the computer wouldn't, but on another attempt it finally did but it came up with a message saying there's a hardware fault and so uninstalled itself.

Now once that occured we've not been able to even get online or have our Internet access. Besides that, our Norton 360 has basically killed itself.

I've read reports about this program doing similar instances with its installation in the past and they've commented about having to make an exception with your firewall for it to work. Though would it really do all this damage?

I would like to know if this will really solve the problem and if this did do what to my connection. I've been spending the day trying to get back surfing the net, but unable to - although my modem seems fine I'm thinking if all this really was caused by that program or another did it? I've even thought if all this would be too coincidental saying our web service provide Orange caused it and the reason being I can't get online.

Please I would love some advice since scouring online seems to give me no real help thus far. Thanks in advance.

Jen
16-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Have you tried a system restore point prior to the installation of the software?

If your Norton 360 is playing up, then it could be blocking your access to the internet. Can you check, send and download emails OK still?

JOEJG
17-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Oh yeah I could think about doing a restore point.

I'm unable to remove and reinstall my Norton 360 and did note my father recently updated it this month, so it could be that after all.

When uninstalling it from My Programs in the CP, it says ''The system cannot find the path specified''. And when I try reinstalling it, it keeps wanting to use my net connection but obviously I can't. Then it goes on to say it can't install because there's already a Norton in use.

KarameaDave
17-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Run the Norton removal tool.
http://service1.symantec.com/support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039