PDA

View Full Version : vista sound cut off and computer cuts off when going into control panel

goodiesguy
13-05-2010, 10:31 PM
for no reason the sound cut off on my pc. i went into disable it then reanable it. now i wont to reanable it but when ever i go into control panel, my screens cut off and my pc goes into a standby like function causing me to reboot

wainuitech
13-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Something screwed up thats for sure -- try running system restore back to yesterday.

goodiesguy
13-05-2010, 11:24 PM
KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR

this is the error i got when i set it to not restart on a system error

wainuitech
13-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Try running a memory test - you will have to download and make a bootable CD if you dont already have one, something like memtest86.memtest download (http://www.memtest86.com/download.html) download the iso - and burn it to a blank CD using your ISO burning section of a writing program - boot from that - anything in RED is bad memory ( takes a while to run all the way through).

goodiesguy
13-05-2010, 11:40 PM
i did a system restore and now i cant even get into safe mode. thanks MATE!!!

Their better be a way to fix this as i cant get into my operating system. i aint doing no format and i have loads of **** on that. and it needs to be resolved by tomorrow.

i am f**ked off to the extreme!, better hope this is able to be fixed!. when i go into safemode, it now has a black skreen with the curser. no login. Their better be a solution from someone.

sorry for being angry

pctek
14-05-2010, 09:34 AM
i did a system restore and now i cant even get into safe mode. thanks MATE!!!
i aint doing no format and i have loads of **** on that.

It's not his fault.

Boot off the Windows CD, if you haven't got one borrow one.
Go into Recovery Console and type chkdsk /p/r

Try booting again, if it's still stuffed, take the drive out, slave to another PC and retrieve your stuff.

Then try doing a Repair Install. And I'd check your hard drive with the manufacturers diagnostic software too if it is still playing up - as well as the RAM test Wainuitech has suggested.

goodiesguy
14-05-2010, 09:38 AM
check my other topic 4 more info. and im very sorry for my poor atititude wainuitech. im gonna pop my hard drive in my dads pc as a secondary drive and fix it like that. i've read that vista and my files are fine. they are just bocked behind a black screen due to a sort of error

http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=109572

Speedy Gonzales
14-05-2010, 09:43 AM
The black screen can happen if something in the logs folder is corrupt. Thats why you have to rename the folder, then recreate it

goodiesguy
14-05-2010, 09:52 AM
i also noticed when things were going rong that my desktop was loading faster even tho i have only 768mb ram. it usally takes 5 minutes to fully load with all my taskbar stuff and then its fine and runs really well. but when the issue started happening everthing loaded twice as fast. bad and weird. i like waiting

pctek
14-05-2010, 03:43 PM
im gonna pop my hard drive in my dads pc as a secondary drive and fix it like that. ]

You can't fix it like that. Retrieve your personal data and do a diagnostic test with it like that.

Then out it back and do what I said. You try and "fix" windows with it in a different PC you'll just get a BSOD.