PDA

View Full Version : Internet & Ubuntu10.4v

namboothiri
12-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Internet access is set for w7 os in the laptop with Clearnet broadband. Now Ubuntu 10.4v has been installed in its second partition however, its built-in Firefox is not connecting. It is possible to set up the IPv4 protocol details but the APPLY button below won't populate to confirm. Therefore, except for running Ubuntu, I haven't been able to use it with internet. W7 still connects and that's a relief. Is there anything you guys can do to help with this, please. Thanks.

fred_fish
12-05-2010, 03:37 PM
what is the contents of /etc/network/interfaces ?

oldguy
12-05-2010, 05:50 PM
fred fish,

I have the same problem. My /etc/network/interfaces gives - auto lo
iface to inet loopback

namboothiri
12-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi, in Vista we have IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Preferred DNS Server & Alternate DNS Server to fill in (numbers). These are also available in Ubuntu however..... Thanks.

rumpty
12-05-2010, 07:08 PM
After you have put in IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, press Enter instead of clicking Apply or OK. After that put in your DNS server.

namboothiri
12-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi rumpty & others I have sorted this out before I read your message. It is done this way for everyone's info:
System>Preferences>Network connection
Select Wired; Click Add; Choose IPv4 or appropriate; Key in numbers; Tick Available to All on left corner. Now, the Apply populate. Click on it & browse!