PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar website

--Wolf--
12-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Could someone jump onto the jetstar website, book some flights and get up to the PAYMENT page and tell me if you can remove the flight insurance.

There is an option "Remove flight insurance" that is supposed to be a hyperlink but it's just not working when I click it, the ones further down the page work fine. I even tried paying with it apparently preselected and it says I need to select yes or no to travel insurance before I proceed which there is no damn option to do so.

Have tried both IE and FF.

Tried calling them before (24 hr helpline apparently) but no answer.

wmoore
12-05-2010, 04:30 AM
Tried it in chrome and there is a radio button to deselect flight insurance, and it works fine.

wmoore
12-05-2010, 04:52 AM
On the radio button if you click on yes, it will add the insurance to the total, if you click on No then the total stays the same.
This was done in FF.

inphinity
12-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Works fine for me

--Wolf--
12-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Tried again this morning. Same problem.

Here is what it looks like for me: (the remove from booking button doesn't work)

Really need to book these flights, is there some kind of software or something I'm missing here?

wmoore
12-05-2010, 01:14 PM
here is what I get

wmoore
12-05-2010, 01:26 PM
I tried again booking a Auckland to Christchurch flight
and I have the same problem as wolf.
seems to work fine with international flights.
Just tried Chrome as well same problem.
I think a phone call is in order.

--Wolf--
12-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks wmoore will get on and call them. Glad it's not just me having the problem.

--Wolf--
13-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Oh WOW.

Prices for those times on the flights have gone up.

$59 - $89 and $69 - $89. Another $30 per person because their website is ****ed. Have been waiting on their 0800 number for the last 30 mins and no answer.

Does anyone know my rights in term of the price going up? I couldn't book them when they were cheap because of an error on their end, and now they've put them up. Anyone know?

EDIT: And now the crap ****ing works. Still do not want to pay the damned higher prices.

R2x1
14-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Seems you have the right to pay the higher price, isn't that the aim of this sort of come-on stunt?
I suppose it is legal to offer cheap fares that are unattainable to get your interest, then raise the price when they become miraculously attainable (possibly after somebody else's offer has timed out) but is it ethical?
Or am I being too cynical?