PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuner set up advise please

minster
11-05-2010, 11:53 PM
I just recently had a new pc built that included a Hauppauge WinTV HVR1200 TV Tuner.
Was unable to get a signal when running the media center set up so contacted the supplier who exchanged it no problem.
Problem is the new one is exactly the same!
Specs of my system,

Intel Core i5 750 Lynnfield 2.66Ghz 8MB LGA1156
ASUS P7P55D-E LX Intel P55 Core i7/i5/i3 PCI-E DDR3
SuperTalent Performance Series 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3-1600 CL9
Intel X25-M G2 80GB Mainstream SATA 2.5" SSD
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E
Corsair HX650 650W Modular Power Supply
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit OEM
Hauppauge WinTV HVR1200 TV Tuner

I install the card, add drivers and software off cd, plug in the tv cable (composite/coaxial) which has been plugged into my partners tv card on her XP Pc with winfast tv card (works well)
Then I go to media center and run the set up for analogue aerial (I have only standard tv channels with rooftop aerial)
At end of set up it says no channels found check tv is connected?
TV is definitely connected and in device manager TV card is showing as working correctly.
Anyone have any ideas on this please?
I am at a loss on how to proceed and don't want to have to send another card back when it may be a set up fault.
Any help appreciated here:thanks

Alex B
12-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Get rid of all the software and drivers installed from the cd and let windows install its own drivers, see how you go with that.

Speedy Gonzales
12-05-2010, 12:12 AM
See if the PDF at the bottom helps (http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_mce.html)

minster
12-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Got rid of all the software/drivers etc ... Still telling me to check connection to TV?
Speedy,
I got those pdf's earlier today and they are what I have been using to do the set up.

minster
12-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Will install card in my other win7 pc tomorrow and see if that works better.

Speedy Gonzales
12-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Dont know then. I know MC in Win 7 doesnt work with ALL tuners. It didnt work with my Leadtek either. But did work with the USB DVB-T tuner

goodiesguy
12-05-2010, 05:28 PM
try dscaler (http://www.dscaler.org/) its free and i have found it to be the best. its very simple to set up and dosent take up system resoucrces

minster
12-05-2010, 10:30 PM
I put the tv card in my other win 7 pc this morning without installing any drivers or software.
Works perfectly!
Thanks Alex:)
Have now spent today reformatting my new pc to get a clean copy of media centre and will put the card back in tomorrow.
Certainly looks as if the supplied drivers or software corrupt Media centre:(
Thank you for all the replies:)