PDA

View Full Version : Office 2007 trial

nofam
11-05-2010, 06:13 PM
If someone installs the Office 2007 Professional trial, and then buys the Student and Home edition, am I right in thinking that when they enter their key to activate it, it will disable the components they're not licensed for? i.e. the Pro version included Outlook, but the H & S version doesn't so will the license key disable this?

Hope that makes sense! :D

wainuitech
11-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Generally speaking no - if you enter in the H&S key it usually advises incorrect key.

Your best bet is to either install the trial H&S then it will work - or uninstall the pro, and install the H&S. All documents etc, will remain intact.

nofam
11-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Hmmm thanks WT - maybe I'm being thick, but the only link I can find is for the Office 2007 Pro trial - there's a H & S online demo, but that's about as much use as a chocolate teapot. . .

:xmouth:

wainuitech
11-05-2010, 06:39 PM
The other trials are not exactly easy to find - they ( MS) obviously want people to buy Professional - hence its easy.

BUT here are all versions (http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/default.aspx) Select the one you want, you will need a Live ID to download them, but thats easy to make and is free. ( if you dont already have one that is) -- Enjoy

nofam
11-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Bloody superb - cheers!!

:)

Alex B
11-05-2010, 10:02 PM
With OEM everything is installed, you put in the key which activates what you have brought and puts everything else into 60 day trial mode. Pretty sure there is a diffrence disk from H&S to all other versions IE H&S is one cd, SB,Pro, Ult is all on the other disk.

Unsure about retail and olp.

wainuitech
11-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Pretty sure there is a diffrence disk from H&S to all other versions IE H&S is one cd, SB,Pro, Ult is all on the other disk. Thats correct the OPK's have a separate CD for H&S.

gary67
12-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Have seen that the toaster shops are selling PC's with trial office 07 and know of at least 2 cases where the people set up outlook to do their emails and once trial period was up they went back to the shop and were sold H&S and had it installed and all their emails and contacts got wiped and they were not told this would happen. In both cases I only found out afterwards so wasn't able to advise them. But it does explain the mentality of toaster shops