PDA

View Full Version : Projector issues

Mike
11-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't have any specs on me at the moment, so hoping for some general suggestions and/or comments...

Viewsonic (I think?) projector keeps auto-changing resolution when different things are displayed - videos, powerpoint, photos etc. The projector comes out of video 2 on the video card, with a 17" screen as primary display - powerpoint, media player etc. are set up to use secondary display (projector) for full-screen, however different formats make the projector change resolution, and its a pain as it can take anywhere up to a minute to display properly (while an audience is sitting, waiting)...

any suggestions on what needs to change on the setup? Should we set the base resolution lower (I only thought of that this morning, so haven't had a chance to try), or is it something else?

Cheers,
Mike.

SolMiester
11-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi, is the 2nd display set as clone or extended display of #1 display....You cant really change the resolution, least not on either of ours, it is governed by the input up to the limit of the projector.
Just re-read your post...seems you are using extended rather than clone. While this shouldn't matter, I wonder if the resolution extend is playing havoc with the projectors auto selection. 1st I would change to clone, if that doesn't work, I surmise the 2nd output of the video card

Mike
11-05-2010, 04:47 PM
2nd display is extended display - Clone not an option as have to have access to 1st display while powerpoint etc. displayed on second screen (presentation mode etc.) -is there a better way to do this?

I can change the resolution of the projector the same way I can on a screen - 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024 (I think this is what it's set to)... I am assuming it is changing resolution when it flicks out and then eventually back to a picture/video/whatever. This may not be what it's doing, but its similar to how my screen changes when games/fullscreen apps change resolution when I launch them.

Cheers,
Mike.