10-05-2010, 09:36 AM
How do I stop Tabs, want to get rid of them permanently

How do I show Favorites in a column on left of page. As in IE

nedkelly
10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Get IE?

Speedy Gonzales
10-05-2010, 09:48 AM
1. Dont think you can, since theyre part of FF. If you dont want tabs, get a browser that doesnt use tabs

2. Dont think you can. Unless an there's addon for it

JJJJJ
10-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Get IE?

Just got rid of IE8 am am giving Firefox a trial. So far not very successfuly

Paul.Cov
10-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Click Tools -> Options -> Tabs
Then select to open in a new window instead of a new tab, or change the tab options to suit you.

As for favourites, you can have your favourites list displayed in a separate window. Just click Bookmarks -> Organise bookmarks. If you want it visible to the left, then just manually resize the Bookmarks page and your browser window to fit side by side.

Seriously though, tabbed browsing is wayyyy superior to the old forward/backward style of browsing with a single window, or with multiple windows. If you suss out the different options for opening tabs/ windows (shift-click and Ctrl-click on links) you might find a method that's handy for you.

kamo1
10-05-2010, 10:30 AM
1) Go to Tools/Options/Tabs and uncheck everything,

2) Click on View/Sidebar and click on Bookmarks and resize to how you want it with the mouse.

Nomad
10-05-2010, 10:39 AM
I thought IE uses tab too :confused: You might be able to customise it. At least the IE with W7.

wainuitech
10-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Click the Bookmarks Icon Example (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Fav.jpg) and the bookmarks will show on the left - if the bookmrks Icon is not there, right click the tool bar, Customize - and drag the Icon from the box to the tool bar Pictured (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Drag.jpg)

JJJJJ
10-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks everyone. I now have it working the way I want it.

Now another question.

In windows 7 I click on ctrl +++ to zoom in. Is there anyway I can LOCK the zoom? So I don't have to do it manually every time I go into my browser.

wratterus
10-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Firefox should remember the setting?

Roger Hunt
10-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Default zoom level is an add-on for firefox that lets you resize print or the whole page

mikebartnz
10-05-2010, 08:40 PM
How do I stop Tabs, want to get rid of them permanently

How do I show Favorites in a column on left of page. As in IE
I don't know if you can stop tabs completely but go to Preferences/Tabs and you can change some settings there.
View/Sidebar/Bookmarks

FoxyMX
13-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Default zoom level is an add-on for firefox that lets you resize print or the whole page

When you say it lets you resize print, do you mean the actual printout or the text on the page?

I am after an add-on that allows me to resize the print.

FoxyMX
13-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Don't worry, I answered my own question. Print is not resized as onscreen. :(