PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba M801 Recovery in Chinese

SP8's
08-05-2010, 04:49 PM
:eek:

OK ... I managed to create recovery discs for an M801 running Vista Home Basic, belonging to a Chinese student we have staying with us. Someone had previously tried to help her out, both in China & NZ ... made a real mess of things and nothing is where it should be.

I've started the recovery process and it seems to be proceeding OK, however, not being fluent in Chinese, I can forsee problems arising very soon :badpc:

My main questions are ...

1) Is there any way of changing the operating system to English (waiting to find out whether there's an option in the recovery process)

2) Is there any way of installing XP (English) with an OEM disk ?

3) Could an upgrade to Win7 (English) be installed ?

Open to any suggestions and recommendations ... just starting to run second recovery disc now so I must have pressed the right button :clap

Speedy Gonzales
08-05-2010, 05:30 PM
1. Dont think so, you'll have to buy the English version

2. If it hasnt been used already, I cant see why not. Thats if its not an OEM cd for another system, then I would say no.

3. No, I dont think so.

pctek
08-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Just do it with her around, she can translate when required. I did that once with a Korean one.....

PinoyKiw
08-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Just do it with her around, she can translate when required. I did that once with a Korean one.....

Was just about to say the same thing, you beat me to it, I had to do that last year with a Chinese girl staying with us, she translated and I pointed her in the right direction. Hopefully next time she needs to reinstall her WinXP, she will be able to do it by herself having done it *before*.

bk T
08-05-2010, 10:30 PM
You maybe able to install the English version using the Chinese COA Product key. I've done that before - no problem in activating.

SP8's
08-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone ... unfortunately our student isn't all that computer savy and she's been out with a study group all day ... I've been going off my daughters lappy and copying the "key strokes".

Should be fluent in Chinese by the morning ..... Wanan ... goodnight in PRC !!