PDA

View Full Version : Upsidedown game

Guerilla Surgeon
08-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Just bought and installed ubisoft's Pacific Fighters, except when I try to run it it comes upside down with the controls reversed :-). I'd sort of like to correct this problem, otherwise I am going to have to stand on my head and play left-handed :-).

Sweep
08-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Immediate thought:-

Send it to SurferJoe46. :-)

pcuser42
08-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Immediate thought:-

Send it to SurferJoe46. :-)

x2 :lol:

KarameaDave
08-05-2010, 02:30 PM
read this, a couple of solutions.
especially if you have an Intel graphics chip.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/6241026174

Guerilla Surgeon
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
O - K, I think I did what was said in the last recommendation, but while the game may or may not be the right way up my desktop is now upside down. So I'll have to change it back :-). I might have to go back to the shop and see if they have a suggestion. When you think about it is really quite funny.

pctek
08-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I doubt the shop will help. Best to go to Ubisofts forum, do aa search to see if its listed otherwise log a question there.

Speedy Gonzales
08-05-2010, 03:45 PM
If you had done a search, its the first thing in Google (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/6241026174)

Sweep
08-05-2010, 04:09 PM
If you had done a search, its the first thing in Google (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/6241026174)

Which, of course, was mentioned in post 4.

Guerilla Surgeon
08-05-2010, 05:35 PM
What I meant was I tried the last solution provided on the link from Karamea Dave. I have also tried other forums with various suggestions, none of which have worked yet. I guess or just keep trying in forums where the posters aren't quite so arrogant and rude. I've noticed this couple of times -- alright I'm just an old codger who doesn't know much about computers, but I do manage to be polite in various forums where my expertise is of some value. Speedy Gonzales - you in particular are impatient and arrogant with people who don't know as much as you. I hope you confine this to the Internet rather than real life.

Speedy Gonzales
08-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Learn to use google then

DUNK
08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
What I meant was I tried the last solution provided on the link from Karamea Dave. I have also tried other forums with various suggestions, none of which have worked yet. I guess or just keep trying in forums where the posters aren't quite so arrogant and rude. I've noticed this couple of times -- alright I'm just an old codger who doesn't know much about computers, but I do manage to be polite in various forums where my expertise is of some value. Speedy Gonzales - you in particular are impatient and arrogant with people who don't know as much as you. I hope you confine this to the Internet rather than real life.

Aw! For Gods sake. Get over yourself mate. People DO try to help others, on this site. Hell..... A lot even suceed in that wee task !! :groan:

Guerilla Surgeon
08-05-2010, 06:23 PM
I did use google and got several sites, but is not the first time Speedy Gonzales has been dismissive. What the hell, I suppose I should cut him some slack, he probably still lives at home with his mum.

pcuser42
08-05-2010, 06:41 PM
What the hell, I suppose I should cut him some slack, he probably still lives at home with his mum.

He doesn't.

Jen
08-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Speedy, people tend to come here because they need help. While some solutions may appear obvious in a Google search, the member may not be able to interpret the instructions or need reassurance they are on the right track. Please keep this in mind.

This is also a help forum.

However, that is no excuse for lapsing into a personal slagging match. Guerilla Surgeon, your comments are uncalled for. No more please.

This also means no one else is to add their 2 cents unless it is to help Guerilla Surgeon solve his problem.

Last and only warning.

Guerilla Surgeon
08-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Jen, I do apologise, at least to you, but I do come here to help rather than snide remarks about my abilities.

wainuitech
08-05-2010, 07:38 PM
No idea if you have actually tried the graphics rotation - but I have a mate who had a similar problem with another game from ubi a while back-- Ended updating to the latest graphic Drivers and that fixed it.

He had the monitor upside down on the desk when I arrived :lol: trying to fly the planes.

Edited: have you tried whats written in this forum (http://www.airtalk.org/2-vt37555.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15) ?

Guerilla Surgeon
08-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Found that using google a while ago, and yes it works. Thanks tho.