PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser headphones / quality earphones

Orca
06-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Hi there,

I've currently got some Sennheiser HD515 headphones which the ear padding seems to have fallen to bits and now there is no padding left. Is that replaceable or do I need to buy new headphones? I know on the HD555s you can unclip the padding as seen in the HD555 to HD595 mod video.

If I have to buy a new one, should I just go for the next model up i.e. HD555? If you can recommend something around the same price range that would be good.

Also my iPhone 3GS earphones seem to now have static in the right ear so I think they're stuffed. I know the iPhone ones aren't particularly good quality. Is it worth going for some Sennheiser earphones like the IE6? I think they are about $200+. There's so many Sennheiser earphone models I have no idea what I'm after. Is it going to make any difference having nice earphones on the iPhone, or is the quality from it going to be poor regardless?

Many :thanks

Renmoo
06-05-2010, 03:10 AM
I'm guessing the warranty for the set of headphones has expired?

utopian201
06-05-2010, 12:20 PM
I know some sennheiser headphones have replaceable pads.

I use the PX100's. They are portable headphones, so they are designed for portable devices and draw lower power than full sized headphones. But the sound quality is good enough that I used them as my main headphones on the computer when I need them. They're also light and fold up so they take up less space (but not as portable as ear buds that can be wrapped around an mp3 player)

Orca
06-05-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm guessing the warranty for the set of headphones has expired?
Yep I bought them in 2003 I think.