PDA

View Full Version : paid ur vehicle licence(rego) online?

lance4k
03-05-2010, 08:48 PM
thinking about paying my vehicle renewal licence(rego) online at nzta.govt.nz. When paying by credit card how long would it take to show up in my internet banking? My mate said when he did it, it took about a day. Why is this?

gary67
03-05-2010, 08:51 PM
We have done several times, yes I think from memory it did take a day to show, probably because it takes time to validate from the website to your bank

PinoyKiw
03-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Did one of ours last week, showed up at Visa (on line) the following day.

How long it takes to process and show up on your account when viewed on line can vary depending on who you bank with, who they bank with, time of day and weekend's, as to processing time. Most pin number or on line credit card transactions will show up within 7 days or less. Paper transactions can take longer depending on when they get lodged for processing.

george12
03-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Any credit card transaction should affect your credit card account balance immediately, but in my experience doesn't show on online banking for 2 days or so.

Phil B
04-05-2010, 08:51 AM
When I did mine it took about a week for the windscreen label to arrive

John H
04-05-2010, 09:02 AM
My wife and I have both done it several times, but I am afraid I can't help with your query. In my experience, my bank (one of the Australian ones) is really fast at processing debits, but is incredibly slow at processing any money coming in...

psycik
04-05-2010, 09:46 AM
In answer to your "why does it take a day"...it's because NZ banks still batch process and don't yet have real time processing of cards.

In some cases some banks offer real time transfers (ASB does this), but it's normally between bank accounts not to credit cards (this is probably because the main banking system is one product and credit cards is another product and these have to talk together).

Authorisation of transactions is a different process, and this is why it's instant.

lance4k
04-05-2010, 06:09 PM
thanks guys