PDA

View Full Version : recommend me a bb plan for small business

globe
03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Looking to set up internet for small retail business. Only really need it for email and small amount of mainteance on web site every few weeks plus the odd bit of web browsing here and there.

However was thinking that it may be an option for getting around telecoms expensive national and international calls when i need to make them.

Any suggestions ? Have a phone line, but wondering about the modems from telecom or v'fone or even wi-fi ( as there is wi-fi in Parnell where the business is based).

All advice and opinions welcome, thanks

kahawai chaser
03-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Do you also mean to create/optimize your existing internet (website) to advertise your retail business online?

kahawai chaser
03-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Follow from above...Google have just brought in a "speed factor" for loading web sites to determine search results rankings. It's unclear at this stage how much of a factor it plays for now. Hence select a bb plan that allows quick loading of the web site, which can be tested in web master tools.

globe
03-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Do you also mean to create/optimize your existing internet (website) to advertise your retail business online?

No I have a website that I presently maintain at home via my personal BB account, however I would like to be able to access it from my shop, so I am after an account/plan/provider recommendation (if that makes sense) ?

Greg
03-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I'd give TelstraClear a call and put your question to them. I'm certain they'll provide you with an economical solution.

Sweep
03-05-2010, 01:30 PM
No I have a website that I presently maintain at home via my personal BB account, however I would like to be able to access it from my shop, so I am after an account/plan/provider recommendation (if that makes sense) ?

You can access a web site from anywhere if you have an ISP, Modem and the relevant permissions.

Perhaps you need to give more info.

pctek
03-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Looking to set up internet for small retail business. Only really need it for email and small amount of mainteance on web site every few weeks plus the odd bit of web browsing here and there.

I had a combo when I had my shop. Internet/calling with Xnet and phone with Orcon.

Just have a look at plans - Telstra, Vodafone etc, most of them do a net.phone/calling plan.

I had mine split so I could have flat rate calling from Xnet....... and no per minute charges.

As for the website, login and access it from whatever computer - location doesn't matter.

And any modem you are happy with will do.

Chilling_Silence
03-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Follow from above...Google have just brought in a "speed factor" for loading web sites to determine search results rankings. It's unclear at this stage how much of a factor it plays for now. Hence select a bb plan that allows quick loading of the web site, which can be tested in web master tools.

Which has nothing to do with their broadband plan, as Google will be testing from their server -> The WebServer, not from the users Broadband -> Webserver. It's not really relevant.

What is relevant is the likes of VoIP. Have a look at what 2talk offer, you'd be surprised just how cheap things are.

I do VoIP for a living, so I'm biased, but still ... ;)