PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft learning

gary67
01-05-2010, 07:16 PM
just looking at the Microsoft learning website with a view to possibly doing some papers, currently studying with Open Polytec but not sure if the papers are heading in the right direction for me, but that's for me to decide.

Anyway looking at the MS site with a view to doing maybe MSCE and I see they offer Win7 and XP would there be any advantage in doing XP still. Has anyone used the MSCE and done online only study? If you have would you be able to PM me details on how you found the online learning, it would be much appreciated.

Gary67

gary67
01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
If your happy to post here then feel free to do so as well

Renmoo
01-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Windows XP is still widely used worldwide, especially in the corporate world where the concept "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" runs.

My personal opinion anyway.

gary67
01-05-2010, 08:41 PM
That's my thinking too but not being in the corporate world I'm asking for guidance

Sweep
01-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I think that gary67 received my PM.

Suffice to say that you will not get anything out if you don't put the time in.

My online experience was fine by me and I have no problem if he wants to publish my PM in full. I did not do MSCE but have a Certificate for level 4 NZQA.

R2x1
02-05-2010, 09:16 AM
I had a fleeting thought when I saw the thread title that Ballmer & Co had accumulated an iota of sense between them. What a ludicrously unlikely notion that was.

pctek
02-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I did MCP ages ago. Online is fine, whatever works for you.....

Nomad
02-05-2010, 01:11 PM
I found that a no. of the IT certifications are external tests held at a authorised exam place.

Even if you enrol at a educ provider, you do the internal test etc but when you sit your certification test its a external test and you cannot even ask instructors for clarification, it's outside their control.

A no. of IT certs I done was focussed on XP and 2000.
That's what Corps use these days.

Sweep
02-05-2010, 01:14 PM
It also depends on the institution you sign up with.

Is marking papers done on a timely basis?

If you have a question or are unsure of any material are said items answered in full and in a manner you can understand?

Can you measure your progress as to what is expected?

Online worked for me as due to work commitments ( on call ) I could not guarantee to be at an educational institution with any degree of certainty.

gary67
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Anyone else got anything to add?