PDA

View Full Version : One of my Monitors in a dual Monitor is acting up

symiggy
01-05-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm wondering if someone could offer me some help with an odd problem that has started over the lat week.
I use a dual monitor display which has worked flawlessly for the last 2 years.
My monitors are: 1] Main monitor: SynchMaster 226BW Samsung.
2] Secondary Monitor:ViewSonic VP930 Sires.
Both my monitors are set at their native resolutions and have been driven flawlessly by my GeCube RADEON x800 XL graphics card up to now.

My problem is that after the computer has been idle for a while so that the screen saver activates, upon moving my mouse, the main monitor comes back and displays normally (as it should) but the secondary monitor does not activate immediately and then after approx five to ten seconds it does display normally but only for a second or two and then it goes black again for five to ten seconds before activating but again only for a few seconds ...and so on and so on.
The only way that I can reset the system so that both monitors display continuously is to actually restart my computer...which is really inconvenient to say the least.
I have not changed any display settings recently I have no idea where to start looking to fix this problem. :groan:
Thank you for your help.

Renmoo
01-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Tried system restore?

symiggy
01-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Tried system restore?

Sadly system restore made no difference.

Speedy Gonzales
01-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Update the vid drivers?

symiggy
01-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Update the vid drivers?

Speedy:
I have updated my vid drivers recently as far as I can see the vid drivers are the latest.

Speedy Gonzales
01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Kill the screen saver. Then see if it does it. This sound like the prob ? (http://kbalertz.com/965219/Blank-screen-resuming-screen-saver-after-removing-second-monitor.aspx). As it says, it maybe because the 2nd monitor has a higher resolution than the main one

symiggy
01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Kill the screen saver. Then see if it does it

Thanks for that ...I'll give it a try and get back to you with results.