PDA

View Full Version : Brothel on Lincoln Rd next to ecole.

prefect
30-04-2010, 02:50 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10641748
All this media comment is free advertising for the knock shop. I dont have a problem with it I dont think most kids would care much once they are told.
I wouldnt use it, its on a very busy road and lots of people would see my truck in the carpark and give me gip. I go to dentist almost next door so next time I go there will borrow wifes car lol.
The prostitution law reform act along with NZ being the only country in the world to allow home distilling, removing SMPs has made me proud to be a New Zealander.

Zippity
30-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Are SMPs the same as STDs? :D :D

prefect
30-04-2010, 03:05 PM
No one was subsidy paid to cockies. STDs well thats a cockies disease.

Zippity
30-04-2010, 03:12 PM
:D

Roscoe
30-04-2010, 03:14 PM
I can't see what the problem is. It's not as if the majority of their business is done in the daytime and it is certainly not carried out in the front yard or on the footpath. Much too uncomfortable! What is it about the place - a place that looks like any other place anywhere in the country - that makes it different?:illogical

If there had not been such a big stink, the majority of people would be unaware of its presence. Now that the children are aware, they will be looking to see who are the naughty people who are coming and going. Not that that will be much excitement for long and it certainly won't corrupt their morals.

As you say, Prefect, free advertising is great! Most people can't afford a fraction of that amount of advertising. Business will be booming. All they need is a sign outside saying, "As seen on TV." The sign will not even have to include the words "Knock Shop." I do believe the complaints have backfired on those "concerned" people.

As Queen Gertrude said, "Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

prefect
30-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Lol at as seen on tv

Twelvevolts
30-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I never understood what the problem was - moralistic types getting carried away as usual.

Paul.Cov
01-05-2010, 06:59 AM
While I love the humor shown in this thread, I'm going to run contrary to the rest of you and say that I can understand the unease about this set-up.

You've got a school, with young girls building their future career goals, and there are two or three careers being shown to them each day as they come and go from school, being 1) school teacher 2) bus driver 3) prostitute

If they happen to see a lot of people (escuse the phrase) coming and going from this place, then they will associate the work with wealth.
If by any chance they see attractive women going to/from the place they will be even more likely to wish to identify with the work.

Kids need to be encouraged to be all that they can be. Allowing the message that you can get handsomely paid for just lying on your back is sending the opposite message.

Digby
01-05-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm not a prude, and see nothing wrong with brothels.

But they should not be near schools, young girls coming out of school walking past them thinking of careers etc, and just the general gossip and chat it would cause.

I thought there were by-laws about being so many metres away from schools.

Twelvevolts
01-05-2010, 10:58 AM
I think the careers options angle is a bit lame, do you seriously think people make a decision on a career on the basis of a building across the road. If so I've got a great idea for recruiting new prison officers.

Paul.Cov
01-05-2010, 08:28 PM
For a young girl who is struggling with school, or finding it boring, consider the (mindless) things that young girls do find important - their hair, their nails, their clothes, their makeup, their attractiveness. They seem to want to do their best to look and dress like tramps, so how much more appealing would it be to be PAID to do yourself up like a tramp.

And absolutley no study or thinking required.
I fear a lot of young girls might find that an attractive escape from the tedium of failing at school.

Twelvevolts
01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Best keep these impressionable young people away from TV's and movie theatres then.

Sweep
01-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Best keep these impressionable young people away from TV's and movie theatres then.

We might also consider keeping young males away from Priests.:2cents:

prefect
02-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Actually it might be safer having a knock shop next to the school rather than a Catholic church with priests

Paul.Cov
03-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Hmm, you do make a valid point.

Perhaps that's why church goers meet on Sundays, and schools are closed on Sundays... it's an issue that society addressed donkeys years ago, huh?

prefect
03-05-2010, 08:40 AM
I meant the priests not the church goers, although not sure what priests do for 6 days of the week.

R2x1
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
They tell people it is a sin to work on Sunday

Sweep
03-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I wonder what they tell 7th day adventists.