PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Showing Incorrectly On Data Projector

Roscoe
29-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I have asked this question before, to no avail, but since then I have realised that I may not have had my facts right.

I am using a Compac Presario model CQ81-313AX, with Windows 7 Home Prem OA.

It is used, weekly, for the showing of a powerpoint presentation.

The slides are not showing correctly on the projector screen but are missing the bottom eighth and a small amount each side.

I wondered, at first, if it may be a setting in the powerpoint programme, but then I noticed that the same parts of the display, on the wallpaper picture on the laptop screen, was also missing on the projector screen, so it seems that it is not a powerpoint problem, but a problem with the laptop.

While I can compensate by not putting any text at the sides and bottom of the powerpoint slide, I would rather be able to use the entire slide.

Thanks for your help.:thanks

wratterus
29-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Sounds like a resolution issue maybe? What is the projector running at?

Roscoe
29-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Not sure what you mean. I simply switch the projector on. I am unaware if there is anywhere where any adjustments can be made to the projector.

KarameaDave
29-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Have you tried adjusting the display in the ATI catalyst.
With my nvidia equipped laptop I can adjust size and position.
(I think the model no for your machine is CQ61-313AX btw)

Roscoe
29-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Have you tried adjusting the display in the ATI catalyst.
With my nvidia equipped laptop I can adjust size and position.
(I think the model no for your machine is CQ61-313AX btw)

Because I do not know enough I have not tried that. If you can tell me where I need to go to make that adjustment I will do so, tomorrow, and let you know. That is the correct model number and I do think that it is nvidia equipped. Thanks, Dave.

roddy_boy
29-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Wrong forum imo.

KarameaDave
29-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Page 7 of this guide has mention of how to adjust your display position
http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_1.html
According to the spec page for your laptop it has an ATI gpu
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01938620&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=4059618
I am unfamiliar with ATI stuff so perhaps someone else may give better guidance:)

Roscoe
30-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks for your help, Dave.

What you said led me, indirectly, to the solution.

We have updated our laptop. The old one ran XP no problems. The new laptop runs 7.

7 puts out at least 1280x1024 which is too much for the projector which only accepts 858x484. I will change the 7 output so it matches the projector which will hopefully fix the problem. I will let you know.

:thanks

KarameaDave
30-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Good luck.

Roscoe
03-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Dave: I changed the output of the laptop this morning. You may have thought that if it was changed to a setting near that of what the projector was designed for that that would be best. That is what I thought so I changed the output to 800x600 which is close, I thought but while there was an improvement, it still did not show correctly. I tried a few settings and found that 1024x600 worked best.

It is worth noting that the display settings have a setting for both the laptop screen and the laptop output to the projector. You need to alter the correct one.

Thanks so much for your help.:thanks

KarameaDave
03-05-2010, 03:25 PM
You are welcome. Glad it is working better.