PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to TeamViewer

Renmoo
29-04-2010, 09:23 AM
http://infoworld.com/d/mobilize/infoworld-review-free-remote-access-tools-windows-and-mac-018

wainuitech
29-04-2010, 09:32 AM
looking at the linked page - if you compare the yes & no's in the chart, the only other one that does everything Team Viewer does is Gbridge.

Tried Gbridge once- had heaps of connection problems with it, but whats the point in using something especially if its a novice at the other end, thats harder to use, or has less functions.

Google runs Gbridge--- I dont trust Google lately.

wainuitech
29-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Just adding to above, team viewer has cross OS functions as well,
Windows
Linux
MAC
iphone

Chilling_Silence
29-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah it sucks it's only free for personal use, but I've got the iPhone free client too, which comes in handy at times, plus I can support from either my Macbook or my Win7 desktop :)

Saying to somebody "Go to teamviewer.com, click on Join Session, Run the file, then read me your 9-digit ID and 4-digit password" is just *too easy* to pass up :D

johcar
29-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Remote access is one thing - remote support another.

I find Skype with it's screen sharing function perfectly adequate to help walk people through issues.

Plus it has the added advantage that if THEY handle the mouse movements and keyboard operations, chances are they learn something in the process, thereby reducing the likelihood they call me for the same issue again. :)