PDA

View Full Version : Interesting GNU For Musicians (Mr. Black??)

SurferJoe46
27-04-2010, 05:10 AM
Via SourceForge, this is a rather interesting strobe-tuner for musical instruments. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lstune/files/)

One of the guys on another site I use wrote the code and there's even a Linux-Version!

Imagine that.

It's called: "LS Tune"

rob_on_guitar
30-04-2010, 11:14 AM
kinda up in the air about these tuners, ill test it out soon

SurferJoe46
30-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Yeah - me too. I just thought this was rather interesting in the way it works. I hear it can be loaded into a cell phone for portability factors too.

rob_on_guitar
30-04-2010, 01:17 PM
I did a small show for around 300 people last night, got to borrow a strobe pedal with a led display, what a life saver! I never used one before, but the display let me tune in between songs as some of my newer tunes have multiple tunings on the guitar.

hueybot3000
30-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Since when do you play live? And how often? Would totally make the flight up for that

rob_on_guitar
01-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Just a one off, a bunch of guys wanted me to play with their band, but do my music, so they learned my songs and got me to show up and rip it up. First time I ever did it like that....and it was bloody great! But couldn't stick around to enjoy the after party as I had to get back to work early the next morning. They tabbed some of the rhythms to my songs too which was interesting to see.
One off show though, and unexpected for me too.

SurferJoe46
01-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Just a one off, a bunch of guys wanted me to play with their band, but do my music, so they learned my songs and got me to show up and rip it up. First time I ever did it like that....and it was bloody great! But couldn't stick around to enjoy the after party as I had to get back to work early the next morning. They tabbed some of the rhythms to my songs too which was interesting to see.
One off show though, and unexpected for me too.

So -

--------- if I turn up with an 810 refrigerator, a few side cabs, amps and my basses, you'd play live with me?

The 810 alone weighs almost as much as I do - well, not quite.

rob_on_guitar
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
More than likely lol

SurferJoe46
01-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Mr. Black - do you get into mods on your guitars?

I just rebuilt a P-Bass (MIJ) I bought in 1999, and I hated it. I got it where I want it now though.