PDA

View Full Version : Router Blues !

ruup
26-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi I got my NETCOMM NB6PLUS4Wn ADSL2+ today,not much fun configuring it.I have no idea how I got it to work,but most of my bits are now connected except my WDLIVE which is not connecting.I have it connected directly via a cable,but it can not connect.How can I get it to connect to the network.

cheers

ruup

WarNox
26-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Is it configured with a static IP and the previous router was using an IP range that is different to the one you've got in place now?

Chilling_Silence
26-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Reset your WDTV Live to factory defaults and it will "just work" :)

ruup
26-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Hi WarNox,
I haven't a clue to be honest.The new router is as it came out of the box and the old router just picked up and worked.So I can't answer your question.Sorry.

ruup

Chilling_Silence
27-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Basically it's still looking for the old router

Pull the power from the back of the WDTV Live, give it a few seconds then plug it in again. It keeps it's IP Addresses between reboots from what I understand, so using the Power button on the remote wont solve it.

ruup
27-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.I have removed the cable and reset to factory settings to no avail.It tries to connect but gives me a message that it has been unable to obtain an IP address.
So far the new router has performed well and speeds have increased,but at the expense of my WDLIVE. :badpc:

cheers

ruup

Chilling_Silence
27-04-2010, 09:58 AM
In the NB6Plus4Wn I would make sure that you have set the DHCP Server as "On" and given it a good 20-odd addresses to lease out.

WarNox
27-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Which port on the NETCOMM did you plug it into? I assume its one of the yellow ones.

By default the DHCP should be turned on so yeah just check the leases.