PDA

View Full Version : Reregistering a car

hueybot3000
24-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Hey picking some brains here

I have a 89 commodore, drive train good, body needs repaint and brakes need new disks, and new shocks. All very annoying things.

Seen an 89 commodore gts body in pretty good nick so could transplant the good stuff from mine into it and all will be well. Only hold back is that the car is dereg

I know that Il need to reregister which will include cert (thatl cost me $300 for cert on suspension (lowered) brakes (bigger and better) and wheels) and obviously a warrant. What I dont know about it the cost of registering and gettin new plates. Had a look on NZ transprort site and it explains it all clearly but doesnt mention costs.

Does anyone know what Re-registerin a car is worth?

Ice Road Trucker
24-04-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicle/registration-licensing/registration/re-registering.html

Sweep
24-04-2010, 06:53 PM
It is the Automobile Association that registers vehicles and there is no info on fees on their site either.

somebody
24-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Normal registration is about $280 (i.e. if it was a fresh import). Not too sure about re-registering, but the LTNZ website makes it sound like it's the same as a new registration.

fred_fish
24-04-2010, 07:59 PM
AFAIK for a pre 93 vehicle it will need a strip down inspection (by an authorised agent) prior to re-reg.
Approx 1K including reg. (prices vary by agent & complexity/time required for strip/inspect, so there is no 'list price)

hueybot3000
25-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Cheers guys

fred - do you know if the strip down would include certification?