PDA

View Full Version : Sigh, it seems never-ending...........Outlook Address Book migration issue.

Billy T
23-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Okay, been at this for a couple of hours now, I've searched the web, and PF1, and tried the 'solutions' found but nothing has worked or been understandable enough to follow through.

I want to export my Outlook 2000 address book in a file format that will import into Outlook 2003, hopefully in a two step process, export followed by import. It should be simple, but it seems that it is anything but.

The starting point for me (and many others it seems) is Outlook>File>Export but that is a dead end.

I also tried Inbox>Tools>Address Book>File but the import-export option was greyed out. Googled that and the answer was supposed to be Run: wab>ok, then tools>menu>options> click, tick or whatever, which was supposed to enable the greyed out import-export, but didn't.

File>Import/Export looks promising but what file format to use? and in my language export means 'send it all off', not send a copy and leave the original behind.

Has anybody done this and if so, can you describe a fool and idiot-proof method?

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :waughh: :badpc:

wainuitech
23-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Open outlook - file> Import and export>Export to a file>Comma Separated values Windows>Select Contacts from the List>Save it someplace.

You will see a file called Contacts.csv

To import them, file> Import and export>Import from another file or program>Comma Separated values Windows>browse to where ever it is and import it.

Sweep
23-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Just checked that here Billy. It works.

BTW Wainui. I found it myself and got back to post and saw you had beaten me to the punch as it were.

wainuitech
23-04-2010, 04:50 PM
:lol: Thats only because I had outlook open, cleaning out the junk while waiting for a Customers Xp to reinstall--- Lets say its being a :devil machine :mad: or pain in the butt