PDA

View Full Version : Excel Hyperlink opens Hyperlink base when linked to cell in sheet

jaketrsw
19-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Hey,
This is an odd one. I have a hyperlink in excel that links to an empty cell so I can use the 'Worksheet_FollowHyperlink' function in VB to run a macro when the hyperlink is clicked without it doing anything else.
This worked fine until I realised that other hyperlinks in the spreadsheet to files on our server were being inserted as 'relative' addresses and changed the Hyperlink Base to the root network drive so they would be 'absolute' addresses.
But now when I click on the hyperlink that runs the macro (ie the one that doesn't do anything) - it opens up the Hyperlink base directory in Windows Explorer before running the macro.
NB: This has nothing to do with the macro because it does the same thing when I just have a hyperlink that links to another cell in the same spreadsheet.
Any Ideas?

jaketrsw
21-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Solved this problem by creating a Cell selection change script that triggered the macro rather than having the hyperlink trigger the macro.
All good.