PDA

View Full Version : Saving a complete webpage in Windows7

R.M.
17-04-2010, 11:52 AM
I am going around in circles on this. My OS is Windows7. I want to show some webpages at club night - without an internet connection. All goes well in XP, but when I try to do this in Windows 7 I don't quite manage.

The webpage concerned has a couple of pictures, and takes up more than the screen (ie I have to scroll down the page to see all of it). Either I lose the pictures (and it is them we are to critique!) or I only get half the information/page. I am currently rapidly heading towards the 'Home for the Bewildered'!:help:

As always, TIA :)

waldok
17-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Hi RM, the two options I usually use are:

Print, choose XPS Document Writer as the printer, and save the file.

or

Save As, choose .mht, and save the file.

If you save the file and try opening it, do either of these work for you? I use IE8 to do this, but I think you probably would have similar options with other browsers.

cheers
W

Scouse
17-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi R.M. Under Start> All Programs> Accessories, you will find Snipping Tool. Select the full screen option.

R.M.
17-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi R.M. Under Start> All Programs> Accessories, you will find Snipping Tool. Select the full screen option.

Ahh - that was what I was looking for... Comes of trying to do three things at once (well, that's my excuse, but I suspect I'm well on my way to the Home for the Bewildered!).

Thanks to both of you - much appreciated. :)

Edit: Just tried it, but I'm not able to get the 'whole' page - just what you see on the screen...

R.M.
17-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Save As, choose .mht, and save the file.

Mmm - tried that, but it saved the photos separately. I am wanting the 'whole' page. :(

However - that has reminded me of something else I do - save as .pdf file, and I think it has worked! All happy now :)

Sweep
17-04-2010, 01:09 PM
You could try Webreaper and download the whole site. Copy the result to a CD/DVD.

bevy121
17-04-2010, 01:26 PM
I think you want to click the Page button in IE, then Save As

...and then save it as Webpage complete rather than mht

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Save-a-webpage-as-a-file

Sweep
17-04-2010, 01:30 PM
That also would work bevy121.

R.M.
17-04-2010, 01:37 PM
...and then save it as Webpage complete rather than mht

It does, it does!! (I was looking at the wrong folder... Oh dear).

DUNK
17-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote > "I am currently rapidly heading towards the 'Home for the Bewildered'!" < End quote

Not such a bad place to be. Been there for a while now !!

Jen
17-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Firefox has an add-on called "Screengrab" which is great for taking a screen shot of an entire web page. I use it a bit. You can find it here (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1146).

R.M.
17-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks, Jen. I'll have a wee look at it. :)