PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Questions

Morgenmuffel
07-04-2010, 11:48 AM
I am used to fireworks, but am having to use photoshop at the mo

how do you get the dimensions of an object eg length and height, fireworks i just click on the object and the length and width appear in a dialog box, can't figure this out in photoshop.

Everytime i start PS up, it gives me a warning about the monitor profile being defective? I click "Ignore Profile" and it seems to work OK, but i would like to fix this
Attached file: ps-query-1.gif (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/ps-query-1.gif) (6 KB)

And I will add more questions as i remember them

Speedy Gonzales
07-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Try this (http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=214257). Altho unless you installed drivers for the monitor, you may not have one

supergran
08-04-2010, 12:03 PM
how do you get the dimensions of an object eg length and height, fireworks i just click on the object and the length and width appear in a dialog box, can't figure this out in photoshop.Quote

I presume you mean 'object' not photo? Cos with photo, it is immediately under the pic.

Why don't you either search youtube, or do a free online photoshop set of lessons, it is amazing what I have learnt that way, even by using the HP school

Morgenmuffel
08-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Why don't you either search youtube, or do a free online photoshop set of lessons, it is amazing what I have learnt that way, even by using the HP school

I have, i even have a manual here but they all seem to assume you either don't care what the size is or that you only care whilst you are drawing it

I haven't found a good free course though

I have vaguely solved my problem in a really round about way

Press F8 to get the info bar.
Then draw your rectangle, and the dimensions will appear in here as you are drawing it. as soon as you stop the dimensions vanish.

So to find the dimensions of an already drawn rectangle
select the path selection tool (make sure "show bounding box" is selected)
Double click on the rectangle
Then click in the bounding box circle that appears in the middle of your rectangle and the dimension should appear in the info box

In FireWorks
Click on rectangle and info appears in Status bar

Surely there is an easier way for photoshop that is quick

SP8's
08-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Try clicking on top toolbar > Window > Navigator / Info ..... Info gives you size in a seperate window on the RHS of the screen.

w000t
15-04-2010, 01:05 PM
What I do to find the dimensions of an object (Its a fairly boring way to do it) is select the layer the object is on and go ctrl+a to select all and then ctrl+c to copy. I then press ctrl+n to create a new document and it displays the dimensions of what you have copied. Then i remember the dimensions and just press cancel so nothing has really changed except the object is now on clipboard.