PDA

View Full Version : Everything stating to crash and freeze and getting worse and worse!!!

PC builder
06-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi, at first my operating system windows 7 crashed saying I was missing a .dll file so I decided to try and fix it by using my windows 7 cd everything went well and I restored my Pc. But after that it came up with a message saying ..........error.................. so I tried again but this time i couldn't even get out of "windows is starting" I stayed staring at my monitor for like 45min but it just stayed there with the windows logo dimming and getting brighter. I restarted and used system restore but nothing. so I decided to use my last resort to reinstall my OS than the video on my screen was really bad as if I didn't have a video card installed and was using a really old computer everything on my screen looked 30 years ago and then when I restarted it freezed at "Detecting IDE drives... ". and now every time I reboot it shows it.:horrified
Someone please help :thumbs:

jwil1
06-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Hard drive possibly on the way out?

Speedy Gonzales
06-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Where in NZ are you PC Builder, if you're in NZ? Your prob sounds like what I had (where it detects the hard drive, then stops on the post screen). I think this is because of that annoying 100 mb partition windows 7 creates

How big did you make the partitions, and how many partitions did you create? And how big is the hdd?

PC builder
06-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Where in NZ are you PC Builder, if you're in NZ? Your prob sounds like what I had (where it detects the hard drive, then stops on the post screen). I think this is because of that annoying 100 mb partition windows 7 creates

How big did you make the partitions, and how many partitions did you create? And how big is the hdd?They are 80 and 250gb Hard drives

Speedy Gonzales
06-04-2010, 10:45 PM
And how many partitions did you make for C / the OS hdd?? And how big is each partition?? And where are you in NZ? Just the place, I dont want to know your address

PC builder
07-04-2010, 02:02 PM
And how many partitions did you make for C / the OS hdd?? And how big is each partition?? And where are you in NZ? Just the place, I dont want to know your address Christchurch I thing the partition was 250gb Thanx!

Speedy Gonzales
07-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Did it create the 100mb partition when you did a clean install?

Is 250 GB the size of the hdd, or is it bigger?

pctek
07-04-2010, 02:27 PM
reinstall my OS than the video on my screen was really bad as if I didn't have a video card installed :

That bit just means it hasn't installed a driver for your graphics - download it.