PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Privacy Setting

Westie
06-04-2010, 01:19 PM
It might be an old hat to most, but i am new to Facebook. I want to change the setting that people cant see on my profile, who my friends are, I tried to do this on the "pen" symbol, but it still shows others or anyone visiting my page, the photos of who my friends are. Can that be blocked or not? Thank you.

davidmmac
06-04-2010, 01:25 PM
If you click on account (top left) and then privacy settings, you can edit settings there :).

Westie
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
If you click on account (top left) and then privacy settings, you can edit settings there :).

Thanks, NOT sure if I got a different version, nothing at top left which says account, have been in private setting, and also checked there, without any luck. Could you be more specific. Cheers

davidmmac
06-04-2010, 03:48 PM
http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/11270521963.jpg

Sorry, said left when I meant right :blush:

When in privacy settings, click on Profile information and put who you want to be able to see your info.

Hope thats more help :).

Westie
06-04-2010, 05:45 PM
HI again.
Not to get you frustrated, and to be on the same page..
I repeat what i am trying to do.
When you go on someones Face book page, it does show how many friends they have and it shows also the photos of their Friends at the bottom left.
You can go straight and view those Photos.
I don't want to have any photos displayed when you go on my face book page of my friends.
Maybe I have not explained that properly. I went like you said into the privacy setting and the following sub settings are there.

About me, Personal Info, Birthday, Religious and Political Views, Family and Relationship, Education and Work, Photos and Videos of Me, Photo Albums, Posts by Me, Allow friends to post on my Wall, Posts by Friends, Comments on Posts.

But I can not see which one is the one to be changed to be able to achieve my task.

robsonde
06-04-2010, 06:05 PM
so you want a setting so your friends cant see your photos?

or are you looking for a setting so you cant see your friends photos?

or are you looking at blocking your photos from random people who are not your friends?

or none of the above :-)

davidmmac
06-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Ok, so you want to stop people viewing this (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/untitled1270530759.jpg), is that right?

Westie
06-04-2010, 06:22 PM
yes, your on to it!

davidmmac
06-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Ok, so have you tried unticking this (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/untitled1270531536.jpg)box?

Westie
06-04-2010, 06:46 PM
yes, there is no "tick" there.

davidmmac
06-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Well I'm not sure then, it shouldn't be showing to anyone who isn't either yo or your friend if that box isn't ticked...

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help :(.

Westie
06-04-2010, 07:51 PM
made me smile, no, its neither, maybe you have got a solution?

I don't want anyone to see the photos of my friends.... when they go on my Facebook site, seemed straight forward.. but not anymore. Cheers

Westie
06-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks for trying.

gary67
06-04-2010, 09:12 PM
It's easy don't create an account with them no one can see your pics. I refuse to use those didly sites and use Picasa for my pics and create private folders

Westie
07-04-2010, 10:46 AM
You misunderstood what i was trying to do, i was not trying to hide my photos. I love the idea of Facebook. It s a wonderful tool to get in touch with your lost overseas friends or being found by someone you lost touch with over the years, but I don't see the point why every of my friend should see the Photo.. WHO also are my other friends. I like to have that changed, and i will try and put a suggestion forward to Facebook. Who knows, i might just make a difference.

beeswax34
07-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I just create friends lists and then based on those, I can control which of my friends can see which albums etc. Works like a treat!