PDA

View Full Version : IE8 how do I set the favs to be pinned by default when Favs star is pressed

Morgenmuffel
06-04-2010, 12:29 PM
This is not a browser debate*,

I just need some IE advice that i can't figure out by my lonesome

When i click the favourites yellow star, a floating list dialog comes out on the left side of the browser that lists all my favourites, this dialog floats over the left hand side of the webpage, and on that little dialog is the option to pin the favourites to the browser.
When you pin the favourites, it doesnt float it just pushes the page over to the right. and as i have a widescreen monitor this doesn't effect me.

however when i close the favourites, and then reopen them they are back in the floating format.

Any help would be appreciated

*IE is not my normal browser - so dont tell me to change,
Currently
I use opera 50% of the time,
FF 40%
IE 5%
Safari, Dragon, Chrome the rest

Sweep
06-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I'd like to help but I can't replicate your experience in IE8 in Win 7. I don't get a floating favourites.

Maybe re set IE8 to default settings.

Tools, Options, restore advanced.

Morgenmuffel
06-04-2010, 12:39 PM
I'd like to help but I can't replicate your experience in IE8 in Win 7. I don't get a floating favourites.

Maybe re set IE8 to default settings.

Tools, Options, restore advanced.

How do your favourites appear?

I have IE7pro installed but I am pretty sure that doesn't effect that

restore advanced makes no difference

Sweep
06-04-2010, 12:41 PM
If I click the yellow star I just get a drop down list. It does not float.

Morgenmuffel
06-04-2010, 12:45 PM
If I click the yellow star I just get a drop down list. It does not float.

Ok my bad, yes its a dropdownlist but it is floating over the page :) , what i want is the pinned effect by default rather than having to press the yellow button then the pin button.

I can't seem to find anywhere to switch the default behaviour, and i have looked believe me

Speedy Gonzales
06-04-2010, 01:16 PM
I wouldnt bother with IE7pro, it doesnt work properly in IE8. And they havent updated it to make it work with IE8 (and probably never will).

If you want something this seems to work (http://simple-adblock.com/). So, you want to add the site you added, to appear under the menu, instead of having to click on the the favs again to see it? If I click on the star it brings up favs, then if I click on the star again it gets added under the menu (so I wont have to click on favs to select it from the dropdown menu)

Morgenmuffel
06-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Yep just removed IE7pro as i don't seem to use it (it was updated a couple of weeks ago)

I just want the bookmarks to be like they are in all other browsers (I don't enjoy having to think)