PDA

View Full Version : Is something redirecting my browser?

supersi
06-04-2010, 10:12 AM
I 'm running Google Chrome 4.1.249.1045 on my Windows 7 laptop. I have www.google.co.nz as my homepage. Almost every time I type in something to search on in Google it takes me to the page where it lists my options. Nearly every top hit takes me to http://www.kdirectory.co.uk/results.asp?qry=connect&rfid=lka19_48566-3823411

Has something hijacked my browser? What do I do to fix it?

Speedy Gonzales
06-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Have you scanned the whole hdd with something?

PinoyKiw
06-04-2010, 10:33 AM
kdirectory is listed as a red alert site and is listed as being a promotion website to increase the rankings of your website by directing traffic to partners etc.

Which would suggest a virus or malware infection.

Have a look at Speedys sig and see if you can download Malwarebytes, etc from the links in his posting.

If your computer won't let you download or let you access those sites, then use a different computer and download and burn to a CD and then run them on your computer. You could use a USB stick but if you have a infection of some sort, you could end up transferring any infection to other computers when you use the stick else where.

Also see if you can get a HiJack log and copy and paste into this forum for someone such as Speedy to check.

Could be helpful to know which browser you are using, which version of windows, do you have a AntiVirus program, which one and is it upto date, do you have a firewall, any other useful information that could help others work out a fix for you.

nedkelly
06-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I 'm running Google Chrome 4.1.249.1045 on my Windows 7 laptop

Still a bit early I guess.

Chilling_Silence
06-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Still a bit early I guess.

??

That's the latest Chrome version?

nedkelly
06-04-2010, 11:03 AM
no supersi said what he had. I quoted it because he was offline. When it is really early I miss things like that as well.

Morgenmuffel
06-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Have you tried searching via google in another browser? to see if the problem still occurs?