PDA

View Full Version : Temp Questions

JJJJJ
04-04-2010, 10:48 AM
I have a Corsair Cooling Hydro H50, CPU Cooler, 120mm, installed.
I notice the fan is blowing out. Is this correct?
My thinking is the fan should be sucking in cool air.
I'm probably wrong. Any Ideas?
How much cooler should my core temp be than with the big copper cooler I had.(name forgotten)
At present my core temps get up to mid 80's on a warm afternoon. Without the Corsair system they used to get in high 80's. Yet the air blowing out feels only slightly warmer than air temp.
I have Everest and Core Temp both runnng and they more or less agree on temps.
Comp. is used mainly for FSX, often in multiplayer.
Case is an Antec
CPU 975 Extreme
DDS hard drives
Dual 26" monitors

Jack

qazwsxokmijn
04-04-2010, 11:00 AM
When you say 80s, what is being used to load the CPU? Although Corsair says you should place the fan so that it sucks air in, I don't think that's wise because you'll be recycling hot air that's been spewed out by your video card.

Find a temperature reader, get the ambient temperature and then place it against the exhaust airflow for a few minutes. Compare the difference then. When my i7 920 at 4GHz is loaded with prime95 the exhaust airflow is up to 10 degrees higher if I remember correctly. However I am using a Prolimatech Megahalems air cooler.

Battleneter2
04-04-2010, 12:00 PM
As above when using software like Prime or Intel Thermal monitor 80C is probably expected after a few hours on a warm day even with your cooling. If your hitting 80C when gaming or worse not under load, thats to high.

Blowing out is correct.

If your overclocking plz state your OC & cpu voltage.