PDA

View Full Version : MSDNAA Software

EviLClouD
01-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Quick question. I can download MSDNAA software through uni.
Stuff like windows 7 etc. Does anyone know if there are any limitations to these software?
Cheers

jwil1
01-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Nope it's the real deal, only thing is, you *might* not be licensed to use it after your course of study is completed, but I'm not sure :)

GameJunkie
01-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Quick question. I can download MSDNAA software through uni.
Stuff like windows 7 etc. Does anyone know if there are any limitations to these software?
Cheers

what uni are you at?

inphinity
01-04-2010, 02:17 PM
The limitations are typically much the same as any Academic license from Microsoft.

nedkelly
01-04-2010, 02:20 PM
which are?

EviLClouD
01-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Nope it's the real deal, only thing is, you *might* not be licensed to use it after your course of study is completed, but I'm not sure :)

Oh that's good then. Yea i read the terms and it said I can still use it after. Just wanted to know that the windows won't have half its features missing or something.

what uni are you at?

Victoria uni :D

GameJunkie
01-04-2010, 03:42 PM

i go there :D

somebody
01-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh that's good then. Yea i read the terms and it said I can still use it after. Just wanted to know that the windows won't have half its features missing or something.

The software is the full retail version, so you won't be missing any features.

The licensing allows you to use it after you leave uni, but only for non-commercial use. Definitely make the most of it while you can - it's not every day that Microsoft gives away thousands of dollars worth of software.