PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Mini NB305-N410BL Widows XP

emmerc
01-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Hi Wise friends,

I got a Toshiba Mini NB305-N410BL which came with Windows 7 Starter. If some one gets fed up with W7S as I did, let me share with you the way I installed Windows XP SP3 on it.

First, I set at the bios the sata drive as compatible and then installed the Windows XP SP3 on it without any problem.

The Toshiba site for that model has all the drivers for XP but does not say a word about the sata driver so I went to the Intel site and browsed it until I found the iata96enu.exe driver for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology for the ICH7R/DH SATA, I did a iata96enu.exe -a in the command line, got the files unpacked at C:\Program Files\Intel\ and use them to update the driver at the device manager, boot the machine set the sata at the bios as AHCI and it was done!!!! The rest was just installing all the drivers.

The machine is beautiful and with its 11 hours battery is just awesome. Windows 7 Starter is just a shame but with the XP this machine works really fine! It is perfect for the road, for using it on the go. I am pretty happy with this machine so I can leave my Toshiba P305-S8832 at home and take this to the library, the classroom or to Starbucks.

emmerc
01-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm sorry friends!!! It was Windows XP SP3 what I installed and not widows XP! ;-)