PDA

View Full Version : msn

GameJunkie
30-03-2010, 11:47 AM
every time i open and log into msn it adds itself to startup, and so i have to delete it using Ccleaner.

is there an easier way to stop it doing this every time i use it?

cheers

Speedy Gonzales
30-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Untick the option in its options

wratterus
30-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Yep do that.. :p

Gee Speedy you're coming up on 30,000 posts! You're a frickin machine! :punk

GameJunkie
30-03-2010, 12:21 PM
cheers speedy

Speedy Gonzales
30-03-2010, 12:22 PM
lol :p :banana

Chilling_Silence
31-03-2010, 07:33 AM
If you press the Alt button while you're on the main Buddy / Contact List, you'll see the menu appear. Then go Tools --> Options, and it's in there ;)

...it's just they hide the menu system now.

You can also click the down-facing arrow next to the ? button and tell it to show you the toolbar menu.

wratterus
31-03-2010, 09:04 AM
http://apatch.org/downloads.php

You might like this too - tidies up MSN, gets rid of the ads etc.

Agent_24
01-04-2010, 01:06 AM
Or just switch to Pidgin and get rid of Messenger completely

GameJunkie
01-04-2010, 09:31 AM
all sorted guys.

thanks

used speedy's suggestion

John H
01-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Apologies for tagging on to this thread.

My son gets his internet connection via dialup. Recently, when he boots up, the pc tries to connect and he doesn't know what it is that is doing the connecting.

He says that his pc (hmmm, perhaps it would be more accurate to suggest that it was his daughter, my beloved granddaughter seeking nirvana via horse obsession) seems to have recently installed msn, and that is the only change he is aware of in the pc's rather battered life.

My son is a luddite, so asking him by phone/email to go through start up is not very productive. What entry should he be looking for in startup related to msn?

Secondly, he wants to uninstall msn, but can't find it listed in Add/Remove programmes. I suppose I could try to get him to go back to a restore point, but my blood runs cold at the thought of trying to talk him through it. Any suggestions? Of course none of this behaviour may be down to msn - I have got him looking for malware etc. He is running Avast/Super Anti Spyware.

Thanks for any help you can give.

inphinity
01-04-2010, 01:07 PM
The current versions of MSN are usually referred to as Windows Live Messenger, and comes under the Windows Live banner.