PDA

View Full Version : W7 Printer Drivers

Poppa John
30-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi All.

Toshiba Satellite L500D Laptop
Canon Pixma MP110 Printer.
Epson Stylus CX3900 Printer.

Both printers are not compatible with W7, no drivers apparently. Both ok with XP Home.I have looked at both Epson & Canon websites but no help from there. Is anyone else having this problem. Thanks. PJ

wratterus
30-03-2010, 10:19 AM
http://support-nz.canon.co.nz/contents/NZ/EN/0100124201.html

there's the canon one

http://tech.epson.co.nz/downloads/RedirectLink.asp?ProductID=styluscx3900&Email=&DownloadID=6283

and the epson.

:thumbs:

Metla
30-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Last time I visited I looked into their printer situation, Though I was only attempting to get one of them working and off the top of my head don't recall which one it was.

W7 could recognise the printer by brand and model without an additional driver but wouldn't successfully send item to print.

I removed the printer from the system and downloaded the manufacturers W7 driver, This gave an error on install.

A google indicated many people were having no luck getting the printer to work on W7.

I didn't do any more tinkering with it on that day as I was also tinkering with their network, installing ram, cloning hardrives and a few other tasks....

I don't think its going to be as straight forward as just installing the nominated driver, I'm thinking W7 may have done a corrupted install when it first detected the printer but not being familiar with the OS there isn't much I could do.

My next plan of attack was to extract the files out of the driver package and manually copy only what was required to run the printer into the correct locations.

But I've been out of the game for so long now that its probably out of my league.

Poppa John
30-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the explanation , Metla. We have tried each printer hard connected to the Toshiba but no luck.PJ.

jinja_thom
30-03-2010, 04:04 PM
The cx3900 is listed as compatable with win7 in both 64 and 32bit on the windows 7 compatability centre but I can't find the mp110.
If you can't find the win 7 driver on the makers site what I have found works with printers is as follows.
Make sure your win 7 is set to automatic updates then plug in the usb cable and turn on the printer, if win 7 can't find a driver in it's loaded data it will go to windows update and find it, download it and install it.
I did this with an hp 1200 and it worked a treat, but you must have autoupdate set and be online obviously.
HTH

SolMiester
30-03-2010, 04:13 PM
The cx3900 is listed as compatable with win7 in both 64 and 32bit on the windows 7 compatability centre but I can't find the mp110.
If you can't find the win 7 driver on the makers site what I have found works with printers is as follows.
Make sure your win 7 is set to automatic updates then plug in the usb cable and turn on the printer, if win 7 can't find a driver in it's loaded data it will go to windows update and find it, download it and install it.
I did this with an hp 1200 and it worked a treat, but you must have autoupdate set and be online obviously.
HTH

yeah, I concur, worked for me with several devices