PDA

View Full Version : The feature I'd like in Windows 8

Digby
28-03-2010, 04:20 PM
There is one feature in Windows that I would really love to have unless of course it is in Windows 7 (I am just getting to grips with 7).

That is the ability to set each folders file view and have it stay there until you change it.

At the moment every time you change one folders view they all change this is a real pain. As every folder has different needs. Eg Icons, or list or details etc.

It should not be hard to do, just need to store the desired view for each folder somewhere in the registry.

I am only a small business home user, not into games, but am on my pc all day long moving around all over the place.

What do you think ?
Is it in 7 ?

Any other must have features for 8 ?

CYaBro
28-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I can set different views for different folders fine here on Win7Pro 64bit.

wainuitech
28-03-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 -- every folder can have its own "look" Some are in Icon View, others List etc -- all I do is go to the folder concerned, and alter the view to suit your needs, click on the drop down arrow to the right of the small box, and move the slider to suit - Change here (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Change.jpg)

pcuser42
28-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Vista keeps individual folder's views as well.

pctek
28-03-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 -- every folder can have its own "look"

Not quite.
I want my Games folder to be arranged in icons - according to game category.
Used to be able to do that in XP - not in Win 7.

wainuitech
29-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Not quite.
I want my Games folder to be arranged in icons - according to game category.
Used to be able to do that in XP - not in Win 7. What did you select in the layout options to get the Icons & groups in xp ?

Any chance of a Screen shot as an example ??

You can change by Icon, list etc -- then if you right click a blank part screen, you also have Group By & Sort By -- on the bottom of the lists is the word "More", that has a truck load of additional options as well Part of the list (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Group.jpg) Just looked XP doesn't have that option, so W7 has a huge amount of different options -- must be something in there that will suit a persons needs.