PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Windows Security Center

ReFiKKS
28-03-2010, 03:49 AM
I have a problem if you can help me when I click on the icon of Windows Security Center and PC lock must be restarted PC, what should I do ??

What is the problem ?

blanco
28-03-2010, 04:11 AM
More info needed. This thread would be better placed
in the F1 forum.

ReFiKKS
28-03-2010, 04:26 AM
More info needed. This thread would be better placed
in the F1 forum.

then what should I do for someone to give me an answer to this problem. I should expect. How?

pctek
28-03-2010, 08:29 AM
What operating system are you using? What happens exactly when you click the icon, does this occur with anything else? When did it start to occur - had you altered anything before then?
Any other weirdness happening or just this?

Driftwood
28-03-2010, 08:32 AM
If you supply more detail relating to the nature of the problem someone will help you.

Speedy Gonzales
28-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Probably has something to do with this (http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=108399). The hdd is probably 1/2 dead

ReFiKKS
29-03-2010, 08:22 PM
What operating system are you using? What happens exactly when you click the icon, does this occur with anything else? When did it start to occur - had you altered anything before then?
Any other weirdness happening or just this?

I have Windows XP SP2. only when I click the icon. PC crashes and must be restarted so violently to eject from power. what should I do please dagger need your help.

ReFiKKS
29-03-2010, 08:24 PM
If you supply more detail relating to the nature of the problem someone will help you.

Thanks . I am Waiting

ReFiKKS
29-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Probably has something to do with this (http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=108399). The hdd is probably 1/2 dead

I have changed hardisk. But same problem again.

Speedy Gonzales
29-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Did you reinstall windows?

Sweep
29-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I have Windows XP SP2. only when I click the icon. PC crashes and must be restarted so violently to eject from power. what should I do please dagger need your help.

I think that English is not your first language and computerese may be difficult to comprehend as well.

What do mean by eject from power? Does this mean you turn the power off at the wall?

Try your best to answer the questions as best you can please and I'm sure we can help. PressF1 members don't usually give up easily. :-)

wainuitech
29-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Sounds to me as if when clicking on the security Center in the control Panel the PC locks up solid. Having to crash/ pull out the power to restart again.

Could be system file corruption.

Try this -- Start the PC normally click the start button ( bottom Left hand corner), in the window that opens, on the right hand column should be the word "Run" - click that - in the box that opens , type in sfc /scannow press enter -- ( note the space between c / )

You may be asked for your windows CD, so have it handy - let it run through. If that doesn't fix it, try this:

Double click My computer - right click your C drive - left click Properties / tools Tab, Click on the Check Now button, in the box that opens, put ticks in both options As shown here (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/chkdsk.jpg) - Click start, you should get a message saying it cant run, and do you want to schedule a scan next time the PC starts - Click YES - restart the PC, touch nothing, let it run through chkdsk ( may take a while) once finished it will automatically start -- See if it fixes the problem.

lakewoodlady
30-03-2010, 01:30 PM
What about downloading SP3?

LL

ReFiKKS
01-04-2010, 12:44 AM
I think that English is not your first language and computerese may be difficult to comprehend as well.

What do mean by eject from power? Does this mean you turn the power off at the wall?

Try your best to answer the questions as best you can please and I'm sure we can help. PressF1 members don't usually give up easily. :-)

is to repeat again. improve something..I have Windows XP SP2. only when I click the icon. PC crashes and must be restarted so violently to eject from Energy. what should I do please dagger need your help.

wainuitech
01-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Did you try what I suggested in post #12 ?

ReFiKKS
02-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Did you try what I suggested in post #12 ?

Yes . I Did :D