PDA

View Full Version : naked dsl

zephyer
24-03-2010, 06:50 PM
hey everyone thinking of ditching landline , who has best naked dsl deal at the mo i use about 40gig amonth , any storys of bad ones companys to stay away from thanks guys

Chilling_Silence
24-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Orcon or Slingshot :)

Avoid Xnet like the plague ;)

CYaBro
24-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Yea stay away from xnet please!
Speeds seem to be getting better as more people leave / stay away. :D

zephyer
24-03-2010, 10:21 PM
hah u bet cheers guys will do some recon on them

Big John
24-03-2010, 10:22 PM
What is Naked DSL??? I asked about that ages ago and seems non-existant at least from IHug. So much for that goverment plan. I pay Telecom $48 for nothing really just for the line rental even though everything else is through IHug.

Biggest Joke around.

zephyer
24-03-2010, 10:59 PM
A naked DSL (a.k.a. standalone or dryloop DSL) is a digital subscriber line (DSL) without a PSTN (analogue telephony) service — or the associated dial tone. In other words, only a standalone DSL Internet service is provided on the local loop. chur

johnd
25-03-2010, 08:18 AM
I pay Telecom $48 for nothing really just for the line rental even though everything else is through IHug.

Biggest Joke around.
You don't pay Telecom for nothing - even if you don't want a landline phone you are still using the cable back to the telephone exchange and that costs money to install and maintain. If you used naked ADSL, for sure you don't pay Telecom anything for the line rental but you can be sure that it will be built into the bill your ISP sends you (i.e. they will pay Telecom instead of you).

johnd
25-03-2010, 08:21 AM
The biggest problem with naked ADSL and VoIP at the moment is the Commerce Commission's ruling on what is rural and urban. Only the large cities are urban and the rest of us pay a $20/month premium. In my case this takes the cost of naked ADSL to the same level as normal ADSL + a landline.

lakewoodlady
25-03-2010, 12:24 PM
The biggest problem with naked ADSL and VoIP at the moment is the Commerce Commission's ruling on what is rural and urban. Only the large cities are urban and the rest of us pay a $20/month premium. In my case this takes the cost of naked ADSL to the same level as normal ADSL + a landline.

Yeah, my gripe is exactly that! On xnet's fusion plan I am paying for rural the extra $20 the com com has decreed. Still don't understand how the middle of Taupo is rural!

LL :illogical

Speedy Gonzales
25-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Too bad I cant change ISP or go Naked ADSL. Since, the line here isnt mine. And I cant go with telecom, unless I change the line to my name / or add my name to the phonebill. And pay all / or 1/2 the phonebill. I dont think so. This probably applies to any other ISP

notechyet
25-03-2010, 01:12 PM
+ one here, and it is frustrating.
So it's medium quality for a premium price.Not many of us can do that?