PDA

View Full Version : IE 8 error message - "cant creat object"

paul213
23-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi,
I'm getting a problem with many websites with the same error
There's a yellow triangle in left corner of IE8 saying “Done, but with errors on page”

E.G. Webpage error details:

[INDENT]Line: 673

Char: 3

Code: 0

URI:

http://support.asus.com/download/download_item_dna.js

This was when I tried to download some info from the ASUS website. Also get a problem when I go to the Metservice.co.nz website, with various items never load and are not accessible – I just see a revolving petals of a timer.

I'm running Win XP sp3, and Internet Explorer 8.
Security wise I use Zone Alarm free firewall, and Eset Nods 32 antivirus.

I think this is a java problem. But what?

I've looked through the advanced setting but can't find any security setting that would explain this.
Disabling the security doesnt help either.

What am I doing wrong?

Speedy Gonzales
23-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Probably something wrong with the ASUS site

SP8's
24-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Download & install Google Chrome ... see if you get the same problems. I swapped over to Chrome a few months ago because of similar problems with IE8 Don't think I'll be changing back any time soon !

beaker
25-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Oddly enough, I'm getting the same (run forever) problem accessing MetService and Microsoft Update using XP SP3 (Home - custom built) with IE6 or IE8 and XP SP3 (Pro - Dell) IE6. Fine on Vista (Toshi). All running AVG and ZoneAlarm.

Only been a problem in the last week (possibly due to AVG updates). Going to reinstall anti-virus and see what happens.

beaker
25-03-2010, 10:10 PM
.. found it (my problem anyway) after custom and default reinstall. Looks like latest updates to AVG on XP work properly ONLY when SafeSearch is enabled (which I coudn't do with my custom installation as I excluded the feature).

You may need to check something similar in your NOD configuration.

paul213
31-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Having tried all sort of fixes, and checked out the windows website and tried with and without firewall, and antivirus - I still got the same error, even on a windows IE website!
So I have changed to chrome and don't have the problem any more.
Thanks for all the suggestions.