PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Microsoft have released an update for XP Mode

Speedy Gonzales
19-03-2010, 09:01 AM
That'll let you use it without virtualization. Its here (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/). However, you'll have to download a file to validate your version of windows, before you download it and Virtual PC. You need 3 files: The XP Mode install file, Virtual PC, and KB977206.

Dont know if its the same install (For XP mode), that was there previously. Probably isnt, since the file you need to validate Win7 wasnt there before, and you didnt have to validate Win7 to download it, or install it before. BUT, by the looks of it, this will ONLY work with XP SP3

GameJunkie
19-03-2010, 11:18 AM
what if you have XP mode already installed?

Speedy Gonzales
19-03-2010, 11:21 AM
If its working then you dont need it again. This new one is probably only for PC's that dont support VT. After you install the update after

SolMiester
19-03-2010, 12:47 PM
That'll let you use it without virtualization. Its here (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/). However, you'll have to download a file to validate your version of windows, before you download it and Virtual PC. You need 3 files: The XP Mode install file, Virtual PC, and KB977206.

Dont know if its the same install (For XP mode), that was there previously. Probably isnt, since the file you need to validate Win7 wasnt there before, and you didnt have to validate Win7 to download it, or install it before. BUT, by the looks of it, this will ONLY work with XP SP3

That update is from Aug 2009

Speedy Gonzales
19-03-2010, 12:52 PM
MS probably havent put it on the site then. But it wasnt there before

sarel
19-03-2010, 01:12 PM
XP mode ? I'm a bit slow on this nice Friday arvo, but wtf do you mean by mode. OK OK I saw - it's for Win 7. Why the heck do you want Win 7 to look like XP? I thought Win 7 looks quite cool?

sarel

wainuitech
19-03-2010, 01:17 PM
XP mode is a virtual XP Professional running in windows7, its free from Microsoft - its designed to run programs that wont work in Windows 7 - you load them into XP mode and away they go -- XP mode running on W7 (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/XP_Mode.jpg)

GameJunkie
19-03-2010, 01:18 PM
XP mode ? I'm a bit slow on this nice Friday arvo, but wtf do you mean by mode. OK OK I saw - it's for Win 7. Why the heck do you want Win 7 to look like XP? I thought Win 7 looks quite cool?

sarel

XP mode allows you to run XP inside an virtual pc within W7 so you can run apps etc that dont work well or at all on 7

Speedy Gonzales
19-03-2010, 01:21 PM
The XP mode install maybe from last yr. The update to make it work with non-VT supported PC's isnt

Sweep
19-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Or you can dual boot. Or you can use another vhd etc.

SolMiester
19-03-2010, 01:28 PM
The XP mode install maybe from last yr. The update to make it work with non-VT supported PC's isnt

Beg your pardon, your correct!...I saw the KB number and it almost matched the one i already had!

I actually use the XP mode VHD with VM ware player! 3.0

Speedy Gonzales
19-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Or you can dual boot. Or you can use another vhd etc.

If you install KB977206, (If you're going to use XP Mode), from what I've read, it'll only work with MS's VHD / XP SP3. Not any other VHD

bronxqueeen
22-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Hey Sarel im new at this site and I found your post through researching an email i recieved...do you a private email where we can write to eachother?

bronxqueeen
22-03-2010, 05:02 PM
my email is domidolly@aim.com please email me when you have a chance Sarel

Speedy Gonzales
22-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't post your email, unless you want to get spammed

sarel
23-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Yeah, that's for sure. Wonder why he/she picked me? Probably because I know Russian ladies and probably because of my rugged handsomeness.

LOL:lol:

sarel

bronxqueeen
29-03-2010, 06:10 PM
lol ummm sorry but no lol....i found the email you wrote about that guy Yan and I recieved an email from a man yan different letter but the same phone number and I wanted to no what email he used

sarel
30-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Ma'am (I hope I've got the gender right), sorry, I've got no idea what you're talking about, I know nobody by the name of Yan, you've probably received one of countless spam messages that's floating around. I do not give out my email address easily, sorry - and definitely not on a forum like this. Good luck on your search for the Yan.

sarel