PDA

View Full Version : I have sound issues

Q man
18-03-2010, 08:44 AM
A few problems

I bought some second hand z-5500, how loud are these suppose to be, on mine the sub isnt very loud even on full setting.

secondly i hooked these up to my comp via toslink and it displays on the z-5500 hub that i have no connection. When i boot my comp and get the desktop it flashes on the hub dolby then goes back to no connection detected same goes when i shut down

I am using Onboard sound on my ga-ep45-ds4p with latest realtek drivers

HELP

Speedy Gonzales
18-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Did you test it before you brought it?? To see if it was working?

Q man
18-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Yes, sorry forgot to mention I have plugged this up to my freeview box via Toslink and it works fine so must be a motherboard problem.
An yes I did test the sound before I bought it but was not sure how loud it was supposed to go.

Speedy Gonzales
18-03-2010, 10:05 AM
What version of windows is it?? Is the digital out the default audio for audio out?

Sweep
18-03-2010, 10:12 AM
And how loud is loud?

Q man
18-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Speedy the os is win7/64 and im not sure what u mean by default any speaker I seem to plug in automotically works and registers on my realtek device manager.

Sweep I was excited to get these because everyone says the bass is very very strong and they only run the volume on bar 4 or 5 or it becomes too loud, but these ones I have arent anywhere near that loud.

pctek
18-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Computer speakers do not replace a stereo system.
Loud, well define loud.

I can have my speakers loud enough that annoys husband but if I walk down the other end of the house they sure aren't loud, I definetly couldn't bother the neighbours.