PDA

View Full Version : Office 2007 email receipients

Bryan
16-03-2010, 07:51 PM
When I send emails and include several friends, all of the email addresses are shown and everyone can see those addresses.

How do I restrict the viewing of the addresses so that each receiver only sees their address?

somebody
16-03-2010, 07:53 PM
When I send emails and include several friends, all of the email addresses are shown and everyone can see those addresses.

How do I restrict the viewing of the addresses so that each receiver only sees their address?

If you put everyone's addresses into the "Bcc" field instead of the "To" field, they won't be able to see each other's addresses.

Edit: In Outlook 2007, when you write an email, click on the "Cc" button. It should then pop up a box which includes a textbox for "Bcc" where you can enter your friends' email addresses, or add them from the address book.

DeSade
16-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Open a email
Choose Options
Turn on BCC (Blind Carbon Copy)
Send it to yourself in the to box (another email address)
put the rest in BCC

wainuitech
16-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Use BCC (blind Carbon Copy)

1. From the Outlook toolbar, click New and select Mail Message.

2. A new message window will appear.

3. Go to the Ribbon and select the Options tab.

4. In the Fields section, select Show Bcc.

5. The Bcc field will appear. Place the address(es) you wish to send a blind carbon copy.

This will send the email to everyone you put in the BCC, but they will only see their Name Location (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/BCC.jpg)

Bryan
16-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Slaps forehead and says "I knew that".

Thanks everyone, so simple and so am I!!