PDA

View Full Version : RC helicopter charger

sammo450
15-03-2010, 10:10 PM
I got an RC Helicopter from DSE today off the specials table, it was a second hand job, and had taken some damage, so it was pretty cheap. When I got it home I realised it didn't have the charger or the transmitter antenna. Does anyone know where I can get a charger from? I will try DSE tomorrow, but I don't expect much. The helicopter is a Danbar Dark Knight, but I think most of them have the same charging specs.

R2x1
15-03-2010, 10:27 PM
A lot of these el-cheapo micro helicopters are actually infra-red, not radio controlled, so maybe it doesn't need an aerial? The charging is frequently done from the controller, so check for a little hatch somewhere on the transmitter with a short flexible lead and plug stowed inside.

sammo450
16-03-2010, 03:22 PM
I read the manual and I know a bit of stuff about RC gear, it's definitely radio controlled and uses an ACDC charger. There is a hatch on the back of the transmitter, but nothing inside it.

robbyp
16-03-2010, 03:52 PM
I got an RC Helicopter from DSE today off the specials table, it was a second hand job, and had taken some damage, so it was pretty cheap. When I got it home I realised it didn't have the charger or the transmitter antenna. Does anyone know where I can get a charger from? I will try DSE tomorrow, but I don't expect much. The helicopter is a Danbar Dark Knight, but I think most of them have the same charging specs.

Hope it was really cheap, if it didn't come with those things. They were probably only selling it for parts.

R2x1
16-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I read the manual and I know a bit of stuff about RC gear, it's definitely radio controlled and uses an ACDC charger. There is a hatch on the back of the transmitter, but nothing inside it.
Well, it is only a helicopter, so if all else fails, a tennis racquet will launch the little sebastians as well as anything else. And again, since it is a helicopter, control is very momentary and usually illusory, so the antenna is mostly for prodding other helicopter fliers anyway.
Just go for it, and after a few tennis racquet launches, be brave and try longer range flight with a baseball bat.

Trev
16-03-2010, 06:51 PM
This (http://www.danbartoys.com/) may help you.
:)

sammo450
16-03-2010, 10:56 PM
The Danbar website doesn't have any parts for it.

Zippity
17-03-2010, 10:22 AM
You shoulda bought a Ferrari :) :) :)

sroby
17-03-2010, 11:38 AM
I love those DSE specials tables
What branch was it in ??

prefect
17-03-2010, 11:46 AM
How many volts is the battery inside and what sort/size of charging plug is it? Could you solder in another plug.
Does the receiving unit base have some sort of attachment for an aerial?

sammo450
17-03-2010, 01:33 PM
sroby: Riccarton mall ground level.
prefect: 3.7v li-poly, I just bought a generic li-poly charger off trademe, so that should do the trick. The transmitter has a steel plate with a threaded hole in it, so finding an ant for it shouldn't be too hard. Jaycar probably has something like it.

prefect
17-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Looks like you got it sorted.

sammo450
18-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Yep, picked up a free antenna at Jaycar today, those guys are great.