PDA

View Full Version : Can't view cds

jonathan
11-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi there.

So, a friend of ours is a photographer, and they took some photos of us. They gave us a cd with all the '2nd best' photos, and we were to tell him which ones were the very best. That cd worked fine, but when we got the cd with the final images on them, they didn't show up. attached is a screenshot of the drive I go to to see the final photos. That same drive works with the 'second best' photos. I have also tried every other drive, nothing. If there is any other sys requirements or whatever you need to know, just ask.

the friend burned it on a mac, but worked fine on his wife's pc. So, the prob is at our end, and I'd love it if this could get fixed.

:thanks

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Whats his wife's PC? Apple or Windows?? Did he finalise it?

jonathan
11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
pc generally means windows, doesn't it? I don't know. its a windows. what does finalise it mean?

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2010, 05:16 PM
finalise means so it can be read on other systems. Like yours. And thats what may happen, if it isnt finalised. You see nothing

jonathan
11-03-2010, 05:21 PM
well, it aparently worked on his wife's windows. I'll email him now and ask.

jonathan
11-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Ok, this is what he said:

"No changes with the disc burning (read both PC and Mac) option when burning selected a as always ,previous CD all good on your set up, checked out the disc on PC laptop
at home running the latest system and it reads fine, so real mystery"

So, I'm going ot get them on a usb stick. It's just a big mystery, I guess

PPp
11-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Your image says DVD Ram Drive. He didn't give you a DVD to be used on a CD only drive did he?

jonathan
12-03-2010, 06:29 AM
Your image says DVD Ram Drive. He didn't give you a DVD to be used on a CD only drive did he?

honestly don't know. the good cd worked in that drive, and looked the exact same as the one that didn't work.