PDA

View Full Version : why couldnt i enter windows xp?

jim.apple
11-03-2010, 02:03 PM
well,i installed my office computer and home computer AVG anti virus softwares,and one week later,i found when i tried to enter my home computer,xp system,after i entered my password,it said "A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error Code: 0x80070005.",when i pressed YES,it went to endless loop,then i uninstalled AVG,it is back to normal again.and it's weird that my office computer,also is xp (both of them are winxp sp2),but never happened the problem....anyone knows the reason?and now i installed my home computer latest AVG again,and it can enter windows too.really weird,and i scaned my whole computer,no virus....anybody knows why?

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2010, 02:42 PM
You sure its not 02 at the end (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310794) not 05 ? Theyre probably similar errors

wainuitech
11-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Welcome to PF1.

Simple answer really AVG = Crap software. Use a better Antivirus.

jim.apple
11-03-2010, 03:41 PM
yeah,it's just 05,and i think AVG is good,coz it found many virus and trojans which Kaspersky hasnt found yet.that's why i still wanna install it.and i installed the free edition,compared with other free antivirus softwares,i think AVG is better..

Driftwood
11-03-2010, 03:48 PM
You were given good advise, it's up to you weather you take it.

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Post the prob on the AVG forum, see what they say

wainuitech
11-03-2010, 04:13 PM
yeah,it's just 05,and i think AVG is good,coz it found many virus and trojans which Kaspersky hasnt found yet.that's why i still wanna install it.and i installed the free edition,compared with other free antivirus softwares,i think AVG is better.. :groan: AVG is hopeless - I have a customers PC at the moment, had AVG the latest - said the PC was clean, so far I have run malwarebytes & Trojan remover & Spybot S&d.

Results- 17 Trojans + 48 other known spyware.

Will be running a real AV through it, Nod32 tomorrow to catch anything else thats there.

wainuitech
11-03-2010, 05:03 PM
If you insist on running bad AV software - then after looking it up, that error code is generally caused by AVG not having permissions to do any thing - read as corrupted AV software. Go Here (http://www.avg.com/ca-en/tutorials?num=2180) Article number 2297 - there is a reset link to reset the permissions. They want you to purchase the paid version :groan: what a joke -- anyway - if you look at the Differences (http://free.avg.com/au-en/download-avg-anti-virus-free) The free ones almost not worth having. If you are wanting a paid AV there are a LOT betetr ones than AVG.

BTW: adding to previous post, doing that scan with Nod32 on the PC that had AVG -- So far at 17 % 4 Infections :rolleyes: (not surprised)

Renmoo
11-03-2010, 06:40 PM
yeah,it's just 05,and i think AVG is good,coz it found many virus and trojans which Kaspersky hasnt found yet.that's why i still wanna install it.and i installed the free edition,compared with other free antivirus softwares,i think AVG is better..
The reviews for free antivirus are out there.

Get your computer scanned with NOD32 web scanner.

Or even better, abandon AVG and switch to a better alternative.