PDA

View Full Version : .wmv - Outlook Express - VLC

B.M.
11-03-2010, 11:03 AM
When I get .wmv attachments sent to me via Outlook Express I canít open them unless I save them somewhere.

I get the following message: This programme does not have a programme associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel.

Well .wmv does have VLC Media Player associated with it and works fine as long as I save it somewhere first.

Any suggestions? :thanks

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Usually its better if you save whatever then play it

pctek
11-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Well .wmv does have VLC Media Player associated with it and works fine as long as I save it somewhere first.

Because OE doesn't have it associated with it.
Can't remember with OE but Thunderbird, you just clik Open With, select it, tick always use, and the EMAIL program then remebers to use that from then on.

PinoyKiw
11-03-2010, 01:59 PM
It should also work with Outlook Express. My WMP gave up the ghost a while back so just went into my files and right click>Open With> select the program of your choice>tick the box down the bottom to Always Open With and OK/Apply.

You should then be able to double click the audio/video attachment in OE and it should play, same as PCTEK said for Thunderbird.

Works for me anyway.